Art and Design Major - Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For related information from the bureau of labor statistics, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree120
- General Education30-40
- Required Courses in Major*42
- Core Courses6
- Foundation Courses**16-20
- 2D Studio selected from AD 117, AD 119, or AD 1204
- 3D Studio selected from AD 111, AD 116, AD 122, AD 123, or AD 1244
- Digital Studio selected from AD 112, AD 118, or AD 1344
- Art History Elective***4
- Choose one course from the following:4
- AD 280 History of Photography (4 cr.)
- AD 376 Art, Gender, Psyche (4 cr.)
- Art and Design Concentration****16
- Students must select a concentration from Ceramics, Computer Art, Digital Cinema, Drawing/Painting, Graphic Design, Human Centered Design, Illustration, Metalsmithing/Sculpture, Photography, or Woodworking/Furniture Design.
* Students must take a world language through the intermediate 202 level in order to graduate with a bachelor of arts designation.
** The 100 Level course in a concentration will also count for the appropriate Foundations requirement in 2D Studio, 3D Studio, or Digital Studio.
*** Students may substitute GR/HS 311X for an art history elective with advisor approval.
**** AD 181 may not be used for Art and Design electives or art history credit.