Loss Prevention Management Major
Online Only through NMU Global Campus
The loss prevention management major is primarily designed for specialists and managers in loss prevention who desire a baccalaureate degree based on the concepts, series and best practices associated with the field.
All criminal justice and loss prevention courses used for the loss prevention major must be completed with a grade of "C" or better.
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For related information from the bureau of labor statistics, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree120
- General Education30-40
- Required Courses in Major40
- All courses used in the LP major require a minimum grade of "C".
- Loss Prevention Core24
- Loss Prevention Management Electives*16
- Choose from the following. At least 8 credits must be at the 300 level or above.
- Criminal Justice, Business Administration, Computer Information Systems, or Sociology recommended.
*Other approved LPM course work (e.g. transfer or newly approved LPM or CJ courses) at the 200-400 level, not listed, may be used to satisfy the requirements in the LPM elective area.
1. This degree requires an overall 2.0 GPA.
2. All loss prevention and criminal justice courses used in the major or criminal justice minor require a minimum grade of "C".