Art and Design Major - Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science
The major-minor combination provides breadth and depth of experience for professional performance while allowing students to minor in an area outside of art and design according to their interests or specific vocational aims.
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For related information from the bureau of labor statistics, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree122
- General Education30-40
- Required Courses in Major66
- Core Courses10
- Foundation Courses24
- 2D Studio selected from AD 117, AD 119, or AD 1204
- 3D Studio selected from AD 111, AD 116, AD 122, AD 123, or AD 1244
- Digital Studio selected from AD 112, AD 118, or AD 1344
- Art History Electives4
- Choose one course from the following:4
- AD 280 History of Photography (4 cr.)
- AD 376 Art, Gender, Psyche (4 cr.)
- Art and Design Electives12
- Art and Design Concentration16
- Students must select a concentration from Ceramics, Computer Art, Digital Cinema, Drawing/Painting, Graphic Design, Human Centered Design, Illustration, Metalsmithing/Sculpture, Photography, or Woodworking/Furniture Design.
- The 100 Level course in a concentration will also count for the appropriate Foundations requirement in 2D Studio, 3D Studio, or Digital Studio.
- Outside the School of Art and Design
*Students must take a world language through the intermediate 202 level in order to graduate with a bachelor of arts designation.