Wildland Firefighting Certificate (currently not accepting students)
This certificate program will prepare students for entry-level firefighter positions within protected area management agencies, particularly at the state and federal level. Advanced placement credit (up to 4 credits) will be granted for holders of National Wildfire Coordinating Group (NWCG) certifications in applicable courses.
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For related information from the bureau of labor statistics, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree30
- Choose electives from the following:8
- BI 100 Biological Science (4 cr.)
- BI 305 Ecology of the Northern Forest * (4 cr.)
- GC 100 Physical Geography (4 cr.)
- GC 225 Introduction to Maps * (2 cr.)
- GC 385 Weather and Climate * (4 cr.)
- RE 298 Directed Study in Leisure (1-4 cr.)
- RE 371 Protected Area Management * (3 cr.)
- *Prerequisites Required