Hospitality Management - Associate of Applied Science
This program prepares the student for entry-level management positions in the hospitality industry. According to the National Restaurant Association, 40,000 new entry-level managers will be needed in the near future, making this one of the fastest growing career fields.
Students completing the associate degree program must achieve a minimum grade of "C" for each required and sub-choice (emphasis tracks) in hospitality and tourism management courses.
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For related information from the bureau of labor statistics, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree60
- General Education16
- General Education Electives12
- Choose 12 credit hours from the following categories:
- Effective Communication Elective (4-8 cr.)
- Quantitative Reasoning Elective (4 cr.)
- Social Responsibility in a Diverse World Elective (4-8 cr.)
- Integrative Thinking Elective (4 cr.)
- Human Expression Elective (4 cr.)
- Perspectives on Society Elective (4 cr.)
- Scientific Inquiry Elective (4 cr.)
- Technical Concentration38-39
- HM 221 Hospitality Services Management (4 cr.) or3-4
- HM 260 Front Office Operations (3 cr.)