Communication Studies Minor
Department minors must maintain a 2.00 grade point average.
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For related information from the bureau of labor statistics, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Minor24
- Core Component16
- Elective Component**8
- Choose two courses from the following:
- SP 200 Argumentation (4 cr.)
- SP 300 Rhetorical Theory (4 cr.)
- SP 310 Communication Theory (4 cr.)
- SP 320 New Media Literacy (4 cr.)
- SP 401 Persuasion (4 cr.)
- SP 402 Communication Criticism (4 cr.)
- SP 412 Nonverbal Communication (4 cr.)
- SP 422 Crisis Communication (4 cr.)
- PR 432 Environmental Campaigns (4 cr.)
- BC 480 Media and Politics (4 cr.)
- BC 410 The Documentary (4 cr.)
*Students majoring in public relations may substitute an SP-prefixed course for SP 250.
**At least one course must be at the 300- or 400- level. Students may elect to take no more than one BC-prefixed course.