Art and Design Major - Associate of Applied Arts
This two-year art curriculum leads to an associate of applied arts degree in art and design. Preferred studio areas may be selected from ceramics, computer art, digital cinema, drawing/painting, graphic design, human centered design, illustration, metalsmithing/sculpture, photography or woodworking/furniture design.
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For related information from the bureau of labor statistics, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree60
- General Education16
- Perspectives on Society or Social Responsibility Elective*4
- Human Expression Elective*4
- Major Courses24
- Foundations Studio
- 2D Studio selected from AD 117, AD 119, or AD 1204
- 3D Studio selected from AD 111, AD 116, AD 122, AD 123, or AD 1244
- Digital Studio selected from AD 112, AD 118, or AD 1344
- Preferred Studio Area8-12
- AD 100 Level**4
- AD 200 Level4
- AD 300 level (optional)4
- Art and Design Electives12-16
- Non-preferred studio or art history courses
*Courses used for General Education – Perspectives on Society, Social Responsibility and Human Expression must be selected from the approved list of courses in the bulletin.
**The 100 level course in a concentration will also count for the appropriate Foundations requirement in 2D Studio, 3D Studio, or Digital Studio.