Secondary Education Geography Major
Teaching certification is obtained by completing a major in geography, a teaching minor and the professional education sequence. Advising for this major is provided by the Geography Department.
Students with a major or minor in Secondary Education Geography must maintain a grade point average of 3.0 or greater overall, in the major, and/or minor(s) with no grade below a "B-" in the professional education sequence and no grade below a "C" in the major and/or minor(s).
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For related information from the bureau of labor statistics, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree123
- General Education30-40
- Required Courses in Major34
- GC 310 Urban Geography (4 cr.) or
- GC 316 Geography of Tourism (4 cr.) or
- GC 360 Population Geography (4 cr.)
- GC 337 Computer Cartography (4 cr.) or
- GC 425 Remote Sensing (4 cr.) or
- GC 428 Spatial Analysis (4 cr.)
- Other Required Courses12
- Teaching Minor, minimum20-24
- Professional Education33