This major provides a theoretical base as well as working applications of marketing. Growing domestic and global populations, increasing demands for a wide range of products and services in modern society, and technology and media advancements stress the need for marketing professionals who understand the operations and problems associated with getting goods and services from the producer to the user. Career paths include product consultant, sales representative, marketing manager, retail store buyer, research analyst and advertising professional.
Students must obtain a 2.00 GPA in their (combined) business core and major courses as well as a 2.00 cumulative Northern Michigan University GPA.
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For related information from the bureau of labor statistics, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree120
- General Education30-40
- Business Core*32
- Marketing Core Courses20
- MKT 335 Consumer Behavior Analysis (4 cr.) or4
- Marketing Electives12
- Choose from the following:
- MGT 228 Customer Service (2 cr.)
- MGT 475 International Business (4 cr.)
- MKT 411 Professional Selling (4 cr.)
- MKT 438 Marketing Management (4 cr.)
- MKT 470 E-Commerce and Marketing (4 cr.)
- MKT 491 Internship in Marketing (1-4 cr.)
- MKT 495 Special Topics in Marketing (1-4 cr.)
- Other Required Courses28
*Courses in business core cannot be double counted toward another major or minor.
This major does not require a minor.