Geographic Information Systems Certificate
Designed to provide students with the practical skills and theoretical knowledge necessary to enter the rapidly expanding field of geographic information science.
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit Gainful Employment Information.
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For related information from the bureau of labor statistics, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree30
- Technical Concentration22
- Choose from the following:
- CIS 155 Software Development I (4 cr.)
- CS 120 Computer Science I (4 cr.)
- CS 122 Computer Science II (4 cr.)
- CS 201 Programming in C++ (3 cr.)
- CS 222 Data Structures (4 cr.)
- CS 326 Object-Oriented Design (3 cr.)
- GC 455 Digital Image Processing (2 cr.)
- GC 491 Internship (2-6 cr.)
- Other Required Courses8
- GC 235 Quantitative Methods or equivalent4
- MA 103 Finite Mathematics or higher4
- MA 171 Introduction to Probability and Statistics (4 cr.) preferred