Deaf Studies Certificate
Required course work provides students with theory and practical application of American sign language with knowledge and appreciation of deaf culture and deaf history. The program will provide students with the skills and ability to interact with the broader deaf community. Graduates will have enhanced skills and credentials in professions such as speech language hearing sciences, nursing, education, social work, criminal justice and the general service industries.
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree20
- Deaf Studies Required Courses8
- Choose a Minimum of 12 Credits from List12
- SL 358 Deaf Community/Culture (4 cr.)
- SL 360 Deaf History (4 cr.)
Note: This certificate is not financial aid eligible.