Biology Major - General Biology Concentration
This major and concentration provides an opportunity for a diversified background in biology, applicable to a wide range of introductory positions of employment in business and industry, hospitals, universities, the military and government at the local, state and federal levels. It also provides excellent preparation for graduate work in biology or related sciences.
A 2.00 grade point average is required for all biology courses taken in the department. Exceptions must be requested via petition to the department’s academic programs committee.
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For related information from the bureau of labor statistics, click here
- Total Credits Required for Degree120
- General Education30-40
- Biology Core24
- Other Required Courses19-20
- See Biology Major for complete list of required courses.
- Core Courses for General Biology Concentration20
- General Biology Concentration Electives20
- Any BI course at the 200 level or above, including at least 12 credits at the 300-level or above, but not BI 305.