Biology Major - Botany Concentration
This major and concentration provides an opportunity for a diversified background in botany applicable to a wide range of introductory positions in business and industry, universities and government at the local, state and federal levels. It also provides preparation for graduate work in botany or related sciences.
A 2.00 grade point average is required for all biology courses taken in the department. Exceptions must be requested via petition to the department’s academic programs committee.
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For related information from the bureau of labor statistics, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree120
- General Education30-40
- Biology Core24
- Other Required Courses19-20
- See Biology Major for complete list of required courses.
- Botany Concentration28-30
- Core Courses for Botany Concentration13
- Any Chemistry Course 200 Level or Above4
- Electives for Botany Concentration15-17
- Choose any three courses from the following:11-12
- BI 230 Plant Kingdom (4 cr.)
- BI 430 Plant Anatomy (4 cr.)
- BI 433 Boreal Flora (2-3 cr.)
- BI 434 Plant Ecology (4 cr.)
- Any Biology Course 220 Level or Above except BI 3054-5