Information Assurance/Cyber Defense Major
IS majors students must earn a minimum grade of “C-” in each CS/CIS/IS course applying to their IS major.
Students must obtain a 2.00 GPA in their (combined) business core and major courses as well as a 2.00 cumulative Northern Michigan University GPA.
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For related information from the bureau of labor statistics, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree122
- General Education30-40
- Business Core*32
- Cyber Security38
- Information Systems Core18
- Cyber Security Core16
- E-Commerce, Digital Forensics, Network Forensics, Mobile Applications or Health Informatics Electives4
- Choose one course from following:4
- CIS 495 Special Topics in Computer Information Systems ** (1-4 cr.) or
- CS 495 Special Topics in Computer Science ** (1-4 cr.)
- MKT 470 E-Commerce and Marketing (4 cr.)
- CJ 480 Cybercrime (4 cr.)
- Other Required Courses20
- MA 103, MA 104, MA 111, MA 115 or MA 1614
*Courses in business core cannot be double counted toward another major or minor.
**When topic includes cyber security. Adviser permission required.