Secondary Education Special Education Major
Students with a major in secondary education special education must maintain a grade point average of 3.0 or greater overall, in the major, and/or minor(s) with no grade below a "B-" in the professional education sequence and no grade below a "C" in the major and/or minor(s).
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For related information from the bureau of labor statistics, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree145
- General Education30-40
- Required Courses in Major30
- Choose one of the following specialty areas:14
- A. Cognitive Impairments
- B. Emotional Impairment
- Planned Program35
- Psychology Requirement8
- Teaching Minor, minimum24
- Professional Education12
- Note: Students who elect to complete majors in both specialty areas must student teach in emotional impairment and cognitive impairment.