Secondary Education Physics Major
Completion of the physics courses, a teaching minor and the professional education sequence leads to certification as a secondary teacher of physics. Advising for this major is provided by the School of Education.
Students with a major in secondary education physics must maintain a grade point average of 3.0 or greater overall, in the major, and/or minor(s) with no grade below a "B-" in the professional education sequence and no grade below a "C" in the major and/or minor(s).
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For related information from the bureau of labor statistics, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree147
- General Education30-40
- Required Courses in Major32
- Physics Electives18
- Teaching Minor, minimum23-25
- Mathematics education or chemistry education recommended. If mathematics is not selected, appropriate mathematics courses must be taken as prerequisites for the required physics course.
- Other Required Courses26
- Choose from the following:8
- GC 385 Weather and Climate (4 cr.)
- Professional Education37