General University Studies - Associate of Applied Science
Provides a point of access into the university for individuals seeking a post-secondary education at the two-year level. Also provides maximum flexibility for students who are either undecided about their career plans or who wish to create a program that suits their unique interests. Suitable for individuals wishing to build their academic skills in preparation for admittance into a restricted program.
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For related information from the bureau of labor statistics, click here
- Total Credits Required for Degree60
- General Education20
- Effective Communication Elective4
- Integrative Thinking Elective4
- Human Expression Elective4
- Perspectives on Society Elective4
- Scientific Inquiry Elective4
- Must choose from the approved minors listed below.
Art and Design
Auto Service Technology
Clinical Lab Techniques
Computer Numerical Control
Emergency Medical Services
Gender and Sexuality Studies
Health and Nutrition
Hospitality Service Management
Human Behavior Cluster
Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVAC-R)
Industrial Electrical Technology
Industrial Maintenance Technology
Loss Prevention Management
Media Production and New Technology
Native American Studies
Physical Education Coaching Emphasis
Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences
Theatre and Entertainment Arts
Wildlife Conservation Law & Policing
*If public relations concentration is selected, the five course sequence must be completed in four consecutive semesters.
**If English, film studies, journalism or writing concentration is selected:
- EN 211 must be taken in order to complete any English minor. It is a prerequisite for some upper-division course work.
- Students must satisfy all prerequisites for courses.