Elementary Education Special Education Major
Students with a major in elementary education special education must maintain a grade point average of 3.0 or greater overall, in the major, and/or minor(s) with no grade below a "B-" in the professional education sequence and no grade below a "C" in the major and/or minor(s).
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For related information from the bureau of labor statistics, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree137
- General Education30-40
- Required Courses in Major*30
- Choose one of the following specialty areas:14
- A. Cognitive Impairments
- B. Emotional Impairment14
- Planned Program51
- Psychology Requirement8
- Professional Education12
- Note: Students who elect to complete majors in both specialty areas must student teach in emotional impairment and cognitive impairment.
- Other Required Course4
Social Studies Component - All students in the elementary education curriculum must complete a 15 credit hour social studies requirement. Any AN, EC, HS, PS or SO prefixed course fulfills this requirement, as well as FR 310, GC 100, GC 101, GC 164, GC 300, GC 305, GR 310, GC 360, HL 322, NAS 204, NAS 315, PL 270 and SN 314. These credits can be double counted with other program requirements.
This major does not require a minor.