Computer Science Major
This major combines courses in practical programming, computer architecture, networking and algorithm design/analysis with an appropriate background in mathematics and theory of computing. Included are classes covering the latest technologies such as mobile devices, internet applications and robotics. This major provides the foundation for a rewarding and productive career in industry as well as strong preparation for graduate school.
All non-teaching majors and minors offered by the department require a 2.00 or higher overall grade point average in required courses and a grade of “C” or better in each required course.
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For related information from the bureau of labor statistics, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree122
- General Education30-40
- Required Courses in Major40
- Other Required Courses30-31
- MA courses 265+ except MA 271, MA 331, MA 484 and MA courses with middle digit “5”3-4
- Computer Information Systems, Computer Science and Mathematics Electives12
- Choose from the following:
- CS courses numbered 300 or higher, excluding those with middle digit “5”, and those courses required in the major.
- MA courses 265+, except MA 271, MA 331, MA 484 and MA courses with middle digit “5”, and those courses counted under "Other Required Courses - Mathematics".
*Mathematics may be declared as a minor and courses under Other Required Courses may count toward that minor.