CLS Concentration: Science Technologist
This concentration is a good choice for pre-medicine or pre-physician assistant students. The program provides students with a strong foundation in laboratory medicine, a major discipline within internal medicine, and enough general electives to select the additional courses required for graduate school. Students interested in graduate education may choose additional courses in organic chemistry, biochemistry, physical chemistry, physics, genetics as needed for specific programs.
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For related information from the bureau of labor statistics, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree120
- Courses Required for Concentration50
- Concentration Core Courses34
- Base Core16
- Choose One of the Options Below:
- Option 1: Clinical Laboratory Certification16
- Option 2: Forensics16
- Criminal Justice Electives8
- Option 3: Biotechnology15-16
- Choose four courses from the following:
- Other Required Courses in Concentration18
*See Clinical Laboratory Science Major for a complete list of required courses.
**Prerequisites are CH 111 and CH 112.