Art and Design Education Major
Teaching certification for K-12 art is obtained by completing a major/minor in art and design and the professional education sequence.
Students majoring in art and design education must maintain a grade point average 3.0 or greater overall, in their major, and/or minor(s) with no grade below a "B-" in the professional education sequence and no grade below a "C" in the major and/or minor(s).
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For related information from the bureau of labor statistics, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree139
- General Education30-40
- Required Courses in Major66-74
- Core Courses30
- 2D Studio selected from AD 117, AD 119, or AD 120*4
- 3D Studio selected from AD 111, AD 116, AD 122, AD 123, or AD 124*4
- Digital Studio selected from AD 112, AD 118, or AD 1344
- Art History12
- Art and Design Concentration16
- Art and Design Electives16
- 100 level art studios (including, if established by adviser, AD 102, AD 122 and AD 134) or art history.
- Professional Education41
Note: The art education courses listed above must be taken sequentially.
This major does not require a minor.
*2D Studio and 3D Studio can double count as Concentration Requirement or Art and Design Electives.