Accounting/Corporate Finance Major
This major provides students with basic competency in the functional areas of accounting and corporate finance. It provides students with the minimum requirements to obtain employment and to sit for professional examinations such as the CPA exam.
Students must obtain a 2.00 GPA in their (combined) business core and major courses as well as a 2.00 cumulative Northern Michigan University GPA.
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For related information from the bureau of labor statistics, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree150
- General Education30-40
- Business Core*32
- Accounting/Corporate Finance60
- ACT Electives** (ACT 431 required for CPA exam)12
- Choose from the following:20
- FIN 352 Financial Management II (4 cr.)
- FIN 462 Investment Analysis (4 cr.)
- FIN 463 Portfolio Management (4 cr.)
- FIN 491 Internship in Finance (1-4 cr.)
- FIN 495 Variable Topics in Finance (1-4 cr.)
- FIN 498 Directed Study in Finance (1-4 cr.)
- Other Required Courses24
*Note: Courses in business core cannot be double counted toward another major or minor.
**Courses must include 400-level ACT courses (ACT 491 limited to 4 credits).
This major does not require a minor.