Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Certification
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For related information from the bureau of labor statistics, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree22-26
- 200 Level Modern Language Course other than English*4
- Choose four credits from the following list:
- EN 495 Special Topics ** (1-4 cr.)
- EN 595 Special Topics ** (1-4 cr.)
- EN 507 Advanced Writing Theory ** (4 cr.)
- EN 510 Teaching Composition ** (4 cr.)
- EN 511 Teaching Reading in the English Classroom ** (4 cr.)
*Requirement could be satisfied under another major or minor.
** With advisor-approved TESL/TEFL topic. Note also that seniors can take a 500-level course if they are within one semester of graduation and have a 3.0 GPA. Up to 8 credits can be at the graduate level.