Musical Theatre Major - Bachelor of Fine Arts
The BFA in Musical Theatre major is a conservatory-style immersive training program in performance for aspiring musical theatre professionals. Students will be trained in all aspects of musical theatre performance including, voice, acting and dance. A unit of ten students will be selected from national auditions each year for acceptance into the program.
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree120
- General Education30-40
- BFA in Musical Theatre72
- Musical Theatre Core27
- TH 260 Dramatic Lit (4 cr.)
- One credit repeated four times.
- Musical Theatre Foundation26
- TH 300 Vocal Performance Lessons (1 cr.)8
- One credit repeated eight times.
- Dance Foundation19
- DAN 301 Intermediate Ballet Technique (2 cr.) or
- DAN 302 Intermediate Contemporary Technique (2 cr.) or
- DAN 303 Intermediate Jazz Technique (2 cr.) or
- DAN 403 Advanced Jazz Technique (2 cr.)
- DAN 304 Dance Improvisation (1 cr.) or
- DAN 404 Dance Management (2 cr.)
- Dance Electives5
- Choose five credits from the DAN prefix.
- General Electives8-18
This major does not require a minor.