Insurance and Risk Management Major
The Insurance and Risk Management major provides students with basic competency in the functional areas of insurance and risk management. The program provides students with an educational foundation that is needed to prepare for professional exams and national licenses in individual and commercial insurance, and risk management. This major combines the applications of analytical skills to the challenges in the commercial insurance industry. This program leads to careers in business, insurance, and risk management.
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For related information from the bureau of labor statistics, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Degree120
- General Education30-40
- Business Core*32
- Insurance and Risk Management Core32
- Choose two courses from the ACT, EC, FIN, MA, MGT prefixes.**
- Other Required Courses8
- General Education Requirements
This major does not require a minor.
* Courses in business core cannot be double counted toward another major or minor.
** Courses will be chosen with consent of the adviser.