Secondary Education Biology Minor
Students with a major or minor in secondary biology education must maintain a grade point average of 3.0 or greater overall, in the major, and/or minor(s) with no grade below a "B-" in the professional education sequence and no grade below a "C" in the major and/or minor(s).
For department information or additional degree requirements, click here
For related information from the bureau of labor statistics, click here
For course description, click on the course.
- Total Credits Required for Minor20-29
- Biology Electives4-5
- Choose from the following:
- BI 215 Principles of Evolution (4 cr.)
- BI 303 General Microbiology (5 cr.)
- BI 327 Animal Physiology (4 cr.)
- BI 406 Advanced Cell Biology (4 cr.)
- BI 431 Plant Physiology (4 cr.)
*MSED 340 and MSED 350 will double count if your major is chemistry education, earth science education, physics education or integrated science education.
**BI 218 is a prerequisite for BI 312.
Grades earned in methods courses are calculated with courses in the professional education sequence in the major.
Note: MA 111 i s a prerequisite for many courses.