The tests are given several times a year. In some states all high school juniors take standardized exams as part of state-wide testing.
In Michigan, the SAT is part of the Michigan Merit Exam (MME) given in March. The three-day MME includes the SAT Exam, the WorkKeys job skills assessment and Michigan standardized tests (MEAPs). Juniors in Michigan will register for this SAT exam through their schools.
After taking either the SAT or the ACT as part of a state-wide exam, you're free to re-take it on your own.
Pay particular attention to the registration deadlines!
- Decide which test to take
- Decide on a test date
- Take the test as a junior
- Take the test as a senior
- Registering for the ACT and SAT
- Getting ready for test day
- Test day
- "Don't bring" list and other tips
- Timing is everything
- Some things to remember