Undergraduate Application Fee: $35.00
- Return to your saved application and pay the fee via the link in your application checklist.
- Online at nmu.edu/appfee.
- By phone (credit card) at 1-800-682-9797 or 1-906-227-2650.
- By mail (check or money order) to NMU Admissions, 1401 Presque Isle Ave., Marquette, MI 49855.
- Receive fee waiver based on completed fee waiver request form provided to us via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (906-227-1747) or mail. In cases of financial hardship, an application fee waiver will be granted. Students (both first-year students and transfer) may provide the NMU form or a fee waiver request form from NACAC or College Board. We cannot offer application fee waivers to international student applicants.
If an applicant does not attend NMU, the application fee will be applied to any term occurring within one calendar year of the initial term of application.
Applicants must pay the non-refundable application processing fee unless:
- They have paid once already at the same degree level for which they are applying (students pay only once at the undergraduate level and once at the graduate level .i.e. once before receipt of baccalaureate degree and once after, if continuing); or
- They qualify for the senior citizen tuition waiver (age 62 and older).
- Upon request, NMU will waive the application fee for those on active military duty or who are veterans. If you are requesting a military fee waiver you must also complete the 'additional information' page that accompanies the application for admission.
Graduate Application Fee: $50
The application fee of $50 (graduate) may be paid online, by mail (check or money order), or by phone (credit card) by calling the Office of Graduate Education and Research (906-227-2300) or the Student Service Center (906-227-1221).
A financial hardship waiver of the application fee may be possible if circumstances warrant it. To be considered for a fee waiver, please submit a brief request via letter or e-mail.
Upon request, NMU will waive the application fee for those on active military duty or who are veterans. If you are requesting a military fee waiver you must also complete the 'additional information' page that accompanies the application for admission.