There are a lot of things to do during your visit to Northern Michigan University!
- Meet one on one with a professor in your academic area of interest.
- Tour campus, see the residence halls, and chat with your student tour guide about life at NMU.
- Speak with an admissions counselor and learn how to become a Wildcat!
- Are you a first generation student or a veteran? Meet with our experts to learn more about your opportunities. NMU is "First Gen Friendly" and a "Military-Friendly Institution."
- Enjoy dining in micro-restaurants at The Lights Dining Hall. (Lunch is on us!)
- Hit the slopes with a free ski pass. Just mention "ski free" during your visit and we'll give you a one-day pass to ski or snowboard at nearby Marquette Mountain. (The pass can be used anytime throughout the year, but some restrictions do apply)
- Rest Easy. We'll give you 50 percent off one night's regular, full-price rate at participating lodging establishments. Ask one of our staff about this discount when scheduling your visit.
Ready to Get Started? We encourage you to visit Monday through Friday in order to get the best feel for campus. To provide you with the best possible visit, please allow us two weeks to schedule your visit.
In the event that NMU is closed due to inclement weather, the Admissions Office and the Campus Visit Program will also be closed in compliance with university policy (therefore, all appointments are canceled). We will try to contact you in time to warn you of the possibility of inclement weather prior to your visit. If the weather is questionable on the day of your visit, please call the NMU Inclement Weather Line at 906-227-2777 or NMU Police Department at 906-227-2151 to determine if the university is open. Thank you for your patience and understanding.