The Academic and Career Advisement Center equips students with the tools they need to reach their goals.
We understand that being a college student can be stressful and even overwhelming at times. That is why we have created resources to assist you with developing positive study habits, test-taking skills and a good sense of time management.
Look through these with your academic adviser or with a tutor from All Campus Tutoring.
College Success Strategies
- 10 Easy Ways to Earn Academic Probation
- Advising--Tips for Students
- Best Classroom Practices
- Get Involved!
- Get the Most out of Tutoring
- NMU Graduation Checklist
- Know Your Campus Resources
- Letters of Recommendation--Guidelines
Academic Skills Resources
Note Taking/Reading Improvement
- Active Reading Strategies
- Bloom's Taxonomy
- Concept Mapping
- Cornell Note Taking Method (printable)
- Effective Memorization Techniques
- Note Taking...Do's and Dont's
- SQ4R Method
- Citing Your Sources (APA, MLA, Chicago, Turabian)
- Develop Your Critical Thinking Skills
- "How To" Facilitate Your Own Study Group
- Know Your Learning Style