Who Is My Adviser?

student meeting with adviserIf you have a declared major, your adviser is a faculty member from that academic department. If you are undeclared or on academic probation, your adviser will be an Academic and Career Advisement Center staff person who is trained to assist you. To find out the name of your adviser, follow these steps:

  • Go into MyNMU – enter ID and password
  • Click on Student Services tab
  • Click on Student Record - general information
  • Select the appropriate term and submit
  • Under General Student Record you’ll see your primary adviser