Eligibility for benefits is determined solely by the Veterans Administration. The Veteran Student Services Office assists veteran students by certifying enrollment, confirming academic credit load, monitoring satisfactory academic progress toward a degree or certificate and notifying the VA Regional Office of any withdrawals from classes or other changes in status. For the purpose of VA Educational benefits only, a student is classified as a veteran student when he/she is eligible to receive benefits from the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) under one of the following VA education programs:
- Post 9/11 G.I. Bill (Chapter 33)
- Montgomery G.I. Bill – Active Duty Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 30)
- Montgomery G.I. Bill – Selected Reserve Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 1606)
- Montgomery G.I. Bill – Increased Reserve Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 1607)
- Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31)
- Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 35)
Information on the G.I. Bill, education programs, how to apply for benefits, payment rates and educational forms can be accessed at the following website: http://www.gibill.va.gov/GI_Bill_Info/benefits.htm.