The students in Northern Michigan University’s Technology and Occupational Sciences programs are as varied as they come, but they all come with ideas about what they want to happen in the future relating to their careers. Sometimes those ideas change over the course of a program; sometimes a student’s determination to succeed sets a straight path to an end goal.
Either way, students at NMU are on a personal and professional adventure. Let us introduce you to some of our students and their NMU experience.
- Emily Mitchell: "The Gateway to Glacier Bay National Park"
- Scott Ampe: "From a Mason’s Trowel to a Laptop"
- Troy Revord: “The Art of Believing”
- Eric Lintula: "With Twenty Seconds to Spare"
- Christopher Singer: "2010 Outstanding Graduating Senior"
- Luke Oberdorfer: "Building for the future at NMU"
- Gabby Garza: "A hands-on experience you won't find anywhere else"
- Michael LaFleur: "Small classes, big opportunities"