The mission of the Teaching and Learning Advisory Committee (TLAC) is to help stimulate the creation of a campus culture that truly values, promotes, recognizes, and rewards excellence in teaching and learning.
TLAC activities include:
- Engaging the university community in a dialogue concerning such teaching excellence. For example:
- What constitutes excellence in teaching and learning, and how do we know?
- How do we best work toward excellence in teaching and learning?
- How does technology relate to excellence in teaching and learning?
- Serving as a resource to the university concerning teaching and learning information, including philosophy, methodology, technology, science of learning information, etc.
- Determining the needs of faculty members in their quest to achieve teaching and learning outcomes and assisting them to meet those needs
- Recommending policies for promoting and improving the impetus for teaching and learning excellence
- Networking with other committees (where appropriate) to meet shared goals
- Recognizing teaching and learning excellence on campus
- Providing faculty with opportunities to encounter varied teaching and learning practices and to share its expertise.