Civic Engagement Opportunities
For the Citizenship Edge, you will need 100 hours that may include a combination of service learning, community service, and civic engagement (a minimum of 10 hours must be civic engagement opportunities). You will need to do three separate volunteer activities.
- ASNMU Meetings: TBA
- Students for Liberty Meetings*: TBA
- College Republicans Meetings*: TBA
- College Democrats Meetings*: TBA
*Attend a meeting to find out about civic engagement opportunities. The meeting itself will not count towards civic engagement.
City of Marquette Opportunities:
- Marquette City Commission: second and last Monday of each month, 7 p.m., Commission Chambers of City Hall (300 W. Baraga Ave., Marquette)
- Visit http://www.mqtcty.org/government.html to see list of advisory boards, committees, and authorities, and find out their meeting times
- Marquette County Democratic Party, 125 W. Washington St., Marquette
Call 906-226-3366 to find out about volunteer opportunities.
- Marquette County Republican Party, 1200 Wright St. (corner of Lincoln and Wright Street) Contact Curtis Salamino at 517-574-2611 for opportunities.
- Marquette Area Public Schools: TBA, Marquette Senior High School Library
Room at the Inn: second Thursday of the month, 7 p.m., Diocese of Marquette/Catholic Charities of the U.P. (347 Rock St., Marquette)
Return to the "Opportunities" page.