Special occasions are one-hour social events in which a speaker discusses his/her view on, interpretation of, and experience with leadership. Examples of past special occasion presenters (pictured below) from left to right:
- former Michigan Governor John Engler
- Michigan State Representative Mike Prusi
- WNBA star Cynthia Cooper
- motivational speaker Dr. Will Keim
- First Gentleman for the State of Michigan Daniel G. Mulhern
- Fulbright scholar Dr. Simten Hatice Cosar.
In the fall semester, one of our special occasions coincides with the annual leader in residence program, which hosts a nationally recognized leader on campus for two to three days who visits classrooms, gives lectures, and meets with student groups, both formally and informally.