Water Safety Instructor Certification Course
This course will train instructor candidates to teach water safety, including the Basic Water Rescue course, six levels of the Learn to Swim program and parent and Child Aquatics.
- Participants must be at least 16 years of age by the last scheduled session of the course.
- Successfully complete the pre-course session (ability to perform all skills associated with course)
- Complete all reading assignments
- Attend all class sessions
- Participate in all activities
- Successfully complete all practice-teaching assignments
- Pass the final written exam with a minimum grade of 80%
- Demonstrate maturity and responsibility throughout the course.
Certificate Issued & Validity Period
Authorization is for 2 calendar years.
All authorizations expire December 31. Initial authorization may be less or depending on when training is completed.
Cost and Participant Materials
- $275 for Rec Members
- $300 for Non-Members
- Course includes WSI instructor book and manual along with certification cards.
Dates and Times: Summer 2014
May 12, 13, 14, 15
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Register Online for May courses by clicking here.