MARQUETTE, Mich. – Northern Michigan hockey is proud to announce a partnership with the Central Collegiate Hockey Association for the “Heroes of Hockey Day” initiative as part of Hockey Day in Michigan, Jan. 29, 2011.
Much like in the game of hockey itself, making hockey successful in a community is a team effort, but quite often there are "all-stars" that go above and beyond the call of duty. Heroes of Hockey Day would like to recognize those "all-stars" and their contributions to the game of hockey in their community and in the state of Michigan as a whole.
A “Hero of Hockey Day” can fulfill one of many important roles in the hockey community. He or she can be a longtime coach, a dedicated official, a hard-working ice rink employee, a committed area sponsor, or a devoted member of a local hockey association board. A “hockey hero” does not necessarily have to do one of those jobs, but he or she must be dedicated to the game of hockey in the community.
To nominate a “Hero of Hockey Day”, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
The e-mail must contain the following:
- Name of the nominator
- E-mail address and phone number to reach the nominator
- Name of the nominee
- The name of the local hockey organization
- The CCHA team in closest proximity to you (in this case, Northern Michigan)
- A 200-word maximum passage on why the nominee is a “Hero of Hockey Day”
The deadline for nominations is Friday, Jan. 21.
Winners will be recognized on CCHA.com as part of Hockey Day in Michigan and the winner of the Northern Michigan package will receive:
• A stick autographed by the Northern Michigan team
• An official Northern Michigan hooded sweatshirt
• A Northern Michigan hockey bag
• Two tickets to a Northern Michigan-Lake Superior State game on either Feb. 4-5.
For more information on Hockey Day in Michigan, visit CCHA.com.