- January 18, 2018'Aperture' Exhibit Opens at DeVos
Northern Michigan University's DeVos Art Museum will present "Aperture: Photographs" from Jan. 22–April 1. The exhibition follows the evolution of the Aperture Foundation through a display of photographs from its print and fundraising programs made over a 50-year period. In the process, it charts the evolution of photography itself.
- December 8, 2017NMU Accredited for Excellence in Educator Prep
Northern Michigan University is one of 43 institutions nationwide whose teacher preparation programs have been accredited this fall by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). Northern was among four state universities that partnered with the Michigan Department of Education to pilot CAEP’s self-described new “rigorous, nationally recognized” standards.
- November 9, 2017DEAR Self Event at Jamrich Today
DEAR Self, an event celebrating the four components of wellness--Diet, Exercise, Attitude and Rest--is taking plact through 6 p.m. today in Jamrich Hall. Tables representing these components are set up on the first floor. Students, faculty and staff are encouraged to stop by and ask questions, learn tips for overall well-being and discover available resources to meet their goals. The new Wildcat Fit Zone near the residence halls is also offering free recreation classes for all students tonight regardless of whether they have a PEIF pass.
- June 7, 2017TEAM USA DEFEATS SWEDEN IN THE SUPERIOR DOME
Team USA defeated Sweden 7-6 in a Greco-Roman wrestling dual meet tonight at the Northern Michigan University Superior Dome.
- April 13, 2017Weightlifters Place Second At University National Championships
The Northern Michigan University Olympic Training Site team came in second in all divisions— men’s, women’s and co-ed.
- February 17, 2017Taylor Turner Q and A
Taylor took a moment out of her training to discuss her rookie season and the expectations she has for this year.
- November 29, 2016Hope Stockel Q and A
Weightlifter Hope Stockel is in her second year at Northern Michigan University and competes in the 58 kg weight class.
- November 9, 20162017 Greco-Roman Wrestling Camp Registration Open
The 2017 Superior International Wrestling Camp will be taking place June 5-10 on the campus of Northern Michigan University.
- October 26, 2016Austin Morrow Spotlight
Greco-Roman wrestler Austin Morrow takes a look back at his University National Title at 66 kg and the rest of the season.
- April 13, 2015Why Choose NMU?NMU has quietly become one of the most effective Greco-Roman training programs in USA Wrestling history.