As an Individual
With the right information, resources, and support from the NMU Volunteer Center, everyone can find the perfect volunteer opportunity. The benefits of volunteering are evident in the surrounding community, environment, and the individual.Benefits:
- Flexible time commitment
- Learn new skills
- Meet new people
- Learn about your community
- Build marketable skills
- Reduce stress
- Makes you feel good
Great resume builder
As an Organization
Volunteering as a student organization or sports club is easy and fun! The benefits include:
- Helping your local community
- Personal improvement of individual members
- Group building: When organization members volunteer together they experience qualities that build a strong group bond. These included trust, friendship, team work, spending time together, and working towards a common goal.
- Recognition: There is no better way to advertise an organization than to volunteer! It is easy, free and shows you care about being part of the local community.
- Awards: Student organizations that show a commitment to volunteering can be nominated for the Community Service Award at the NMU Leadership Banquet or Organization of the Year Award by the Marquette County Volunteer Community Awards.
Organizations and students: Don’t forget to log your service hours with Superior Edge!