This course will train instructor candidates to teach water safety, including the Basic Water Rescue course, six levels of the Learn to Swim program and parent and Child Aquatics.
- Participants must be at least 16 years of age by the last scheduled session of the course.
- Successfully complete the pre-course session (ability to perform all skills associated with course)
- Complete all reading assignments
- Attend all class sessions
- Participate in all activities
- Successfully complete all practice-teaching assignments
- Pass the final written exam with a minimum grade of 80%
- Demonstrate maturity and responsibility throughout the course.
Certificate Issued & Validity Period
Authorization is for 2 calendar years.
All authorizations expire December 31. Initial authorization may be less or depending on when training is completed.
Cost and Participant Materials
- $300 for Rec Members
- $325 for Non-Members
- Course includes WSI instructor book and manual along with certification cards.
- Parts of course will be completed online and via skype
Intercollegiate Athletics and Recreational Sports
Call 227-2519 or visit PEIF 126 to register.