Proxy Access –Proxy Information
Students have the option of sharing certain aspects of their academic record with others through our Proxy Access system. If a student has granted you access to their records through this system, you may follow the steps below to access that information.
Initial steps to set up a Proxy account and view the information authorized:
- You, as the proxy, will receive a “New Proxy E-mail” with a link, Action Password, and directions on setting up a proxy account.
- Following the directions in the E-mail, you will set up a secure password into the system.
- You will then create a brief profile. Name and e-mail address are required.
- A tab with the student’s name will show. When you click on this tab, links to the authorized information will show. As you click on these links, new pages will open with the requested information. Note: if there is not a list of authorized information, that means the student has not selected any items for you to view. The student must go back into their account and select the items they wish to grant you access to; NMU staff cannot grant access.
Returning to your Proxy account:
- Once you have set your account up, you may return to the login web page and enter your e-mail address and PIN to gain access at any time.
- If you forgot your PIN, you are able to re-set it from this page.
- If you log in and there is no information showing, that means the access has either not been granted, been taken away, or expired. You should talk directly with the student about granting you access; NMU staff cannot grant access.
Student records are protected by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (www.nmu.edu/records/ferpa). By designating you as a proxy, the student is granting you permission to view their confidential records. The records are still the student’s, and information within those records is confidential and should not be shared with others.