Contested Citation Form
Only one citation may be filled out at a time. If you have multiple citations, you must submit an appeal for each one.
The following typically are not valid reasons to appeal a citation:
- Lack of legal parking
- Lack of convenient parking
- Time constraints, running late
- Lack of knowledge of the regulation(s)
- Never received the ticket(s) on vehicle
- Parking for "just a couple minutes"
- Failure to obtain a temporary permit
- Did not see the parking sign
- Someone else parked the car
- Affiliated with Northern Michigan University (student, faculty/staff), but on campus as a visitor
- Parked at the visitor meter to avoid buying a permit
If this appeal was denied by the issuing officer, and you wish to submit it to the Appeals Committee, please contact Public Safety at 227-1476 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., or send an e-mail message to email@example.com.