Paralegals play a critical role in law firms, government agencies and corporations. They are qualified to perform many of the same functions as the licensed attorneys who supervise them—from researching relevant laws and compiling evidence to drafting motions and formulating a defense. More clients are demanding the services of paralegals, when possible, to reduce fees. And more lawyers are confidently delegating important tasks to paralegals to save valuable time amid heavy caseloads. These and other factors have contributed to significant growth in the field.
Let Northern’s paralegal degree program launch your promising future in the legal profession. Our comprehensive curriculum, dynamic instruction and interactive learning environment will equip you with the knowledge and skills required for career success.
At Northern, you will develop a general understanding of law and learn to…
- become proficient in legal research
- investigate the facts of a case
- write reports to help lawyers prepare for trials
- form well-reasoned arguments
- draft legal documents and correspondence
- gather and arrange evidence
- develop office management skills
- gain specialized knowledge in criminal, family, probate, real estate and contract law
- and much more
Political Science Department
Ruth Watry, Program Director
208 Cohodas Hall