All News Releases
- November 5, 2017Greco-Roman Wrestlers Win Gold In Sweden
The Northern Michigan University Olympic Training Site Greco-Roman wrestling team earned four medals and placed eight others in the top ten today at the Malar Cup in Vasteras, Sweden.
- November 1, 2017Greco-Roman Wrestlers Win In Sweden
Five Northern Michigan University Olympic Training Site Greco-Roman wrestlers earned victories today, helping a United States team defeat Team Skane Brottning 8-7.
- October 26, 2017BISEK NAMED WORLD TEAM HEAD COACH
USA Wrestling announced today that Andy Bisek was selected to be the head Greco-Roman wrestling coach at the 2017 United World Wrestling U23 World Championships.
- October 12, 2017NMU OLYMPIC TRAINING SITE HOLDING BIG BROTHER WRESTLING CAMP
The camp allows United World Wrestling cadet and junior-age athletes to train alongside and learn from more experienced wrestlers.
- October 8, 2017GRECO-ROMAN WRESTLERS MAKE WORLD TEAM
The NMU-OTS team had seven athletes in the final best-of-three series that determined the U.S. team that will compete in Bydgoszcz, Poland, November 21-26.
- September 7, 2017Greco-Roman Wrestling Adds 17 To Roster
This semester’s roster includes 17 new additions for a total of 54 athletes.
- August 21, 2017Taylor Turner Represents USA in Chinese Taipei
Turner placed seventh in her weight class today at the World University Games held in Taipei City, Chinese Taipei.
- June 7, 2017TEAM USA DEFEATS SWEDEN IN THE SUPERIOR DOME
Team USA defeated Sweden 7-6 in a Greco-Roman wrestling dual meet tonight at the Northern Michigan University Superior Dome.
- June 2, 2017ROBERTS AND CALOVECCHI CLAIM UNIVERSITY NATIONAL TITLES
The Northern Michigan University Olympic Training Site Greco-Roman wrestling team earned two gold, two silver and three bronze medals today at the 2017 University Nationals in Akron, Ohio.
- May 3, 2017Bisek Named 2016 Greco-Roman Wrestler Of The Year
USA Wrestling announced today that Northern Michigan University Olympic Training Site assistant coach Andy Bisek was named 2016 Greco-Roman Wrestler of the Year.
- April 13, 2017Weightlifters Place Second At University National Championships
The Northern Michigan University Olympic Training Site team came in second in all divisions— men’s, women’s and co-ed.
- February 26, 2017Weightlifters Place First at Junior National Championships
Two Northern Michigan University United States Olympic Training Site weightlifters earned gold medals at the 2017 Nike National Junior Championships in Kansas City, Mo., held Friday-Sunday.
- February 17, 2017Taylor Turner Q and A
Taylor took a moment out of her training to discuss her rookie season and the expectations she has for this year.
- February 1, 2017Greco-Roman Wrestlers Win Medals at Dave Schultz Memorial
NMU-OTS Greco-Roman wrestlers won five medals at the Dave Schultz International Memorial.
- January 25, 2017GRECO-ROMAN WRESTLERS BACK IN ACTION
The team has not competed since Dec. 17-18, when six wrestlers earned medals and 14 others finished in the top 10 at the Senior Nationals in Las Vegas. It was a best-ever finish for the NMU squad.
- December 18, 2016Greco-Roman Wrestlers Make Presence Known in Las Vegas
The NMU-OTS Greco-Roman wrestling team earned six medals and qualified 14 athletes for the World Team Trials this weekend in Las Vegas.
- November 29, 2016Hope Stockel Q and A
Weightlifter Hope Stockel is in her second year at Northern Michigan University and competes in the 58 kg weight class.
- November 23, 2016Wrestlers Selected To Go To Budapest
Athletes Sammy Jones, Austin Morrow and Alejandro Sancho have been selected by USA Wrestling to compete at the third annual Greco-Roman World Wrestling Club Cup Dec. 8-9 in Budapest, Hungry
- November 21, 2016NMU Alumnus Andy Bisek named to Greco-Roman Coaching Staff
Andy Bisek is the new assistant coach for USA Wrestling’s Greco-Roman program at the U.S. Olympic Training Site at Northern Michigan University.
- November 13, 2016Wrestlers Earn Medals In New York
Four Greco-Roman wrestlers earned medals Saturday in New York.
- November 9, 20162017 Greco-Roman Wrestling Camp Registration Open
The 2017 Superior International Wrestling Camp will be taking place June 5-10 on the campus of Northern Michigan University.
- November 6, 2016Greco-Roman Wrestlers Win Silver in Sweden
The Northern Michigan University Olympic Training Site Greco-Roman wrestling team had two athletes win silver medals at the Malar Cup this weekend in Vasteras, Sweden.
- October 26, 2016Austin Morrow Spotlight
Greco-Roman wrestler Austin Morrow takes a look back at his University National Title at 66 kg and the rest of the season.
- October 21, 2016Greco-Roman Alumni Return to Campus
A pair of former Northern Michigan University Olympic Training Site Greco-Roman wrestlers are returning to campus to give back to the program.
- October 15, 2016Greco Wrestlers Medal at Campbell Cup in Panama
All five members of the NMU-OTS Greco-Roman wrestling team medal at the Eduardo Campbell International Cup in Panama City, Panama on Saturday.
- October 11, 2016Paul Woelmer Athlete Spotlight
Weightlifter Paul Woelmer has proven to himself and the world that he is back.
- September 26, 2016Weightlifting Teams Crowned University Champions
Northern Michigan University's Olympic Training Site weightlifters earned team titles in the men's and women's division for the second year in a row.
- September 15, 2016Weightlifting University Championships Preview
The NMU Olympic Training Site weightlifting team will defend its National Championships title Sept. 22-25 in New Orleans.
- September 2, 2016GRECO-ROMAN WRESTLING PREVIEW
The NMU Olympic Training Site Greco-Roman wrestling team is back on the mat and looking forward to another academic year.
- June 23, 2016NMU-OTS Holding Weightlifting Camp
The Northern Michigan University Olympic Training Site weightlifting team will hold a camp, open to all skill levels, July 17-23.
- June 8, 2016TEAM USA DEFEATS SWEDEN IN DUAL MEET
Team USA faced Sweden in a dual Greco-Roman wrestling meet tonight at the Northern Michigan University Superior Dome.
- June 4, 2016Greco-Roman Wrestlers Crowned National Champions
The NMU-OTS Greco-Roman wrestling team had 13 athletes in the first place match.
- June 3, 2016Athletes from U.S. and Sweden Visit NMU
Over 100 athletes from the U.S. and Sweden will visit NMU for the Superior International Greco-Roman Wrestling camp.
- May 9, 2016Weightlifters Compete at National Championships
Weightlifter Uli Manzanilla earned a silver medal at USA Weightlifting's National Championships this weekend.
- April 29, 2016Greco-Roman Wrestlers Earn National Titles
Three NMU-OTS Greco-Roman wrestlers earned national titles and sports on the UWW Junior World Team.
- April 28, 2016Groehler Medals at Pan American Championships
Mason Groehler placed fourth overall at the 2016 Pan American Championships in San Salvador, El Salvador.
- April 18, 2016Weightlifters Honored
Four weightlifters were honored during the NMU Student-Athlete Recognition Banquet.
- April 17, 2016Athletes Honored At Student-Athlete Banquet
Eight NMU-OTS athletes were honored at the 2016 NMU Student-Athlete Banquet.
- April 10, 2016Olympic Trials Day 2 Results
The NMU-OTS Greco-Roman wrestling program alumni Andy Bisek of the Minnesota Storm and Robby Smith of the NYAC earned spots on the 2016 Olympic Team.
- April 9, 2016Wrestlers Compete at Olympic Trials
One alumnus earned a spot on the Olympic Team and two current student-athletes earned top three finishes.
- April 4, 2016Borges Named Scholar Athlete
Weightlifter Ryan Borges has been selected as the NMU Scholar Athlete for the month of March.
- February 4, 2016International Wrestling Camp Returns To NMU
The NMU Olympic Training Site Greco-Roman wrestling program will hold the Superior International Wrestling Camp again this summer.
- January 28, 2016Greco-Roman Wrestlers Earn Silver
Two Greco-Roman wrestlers won silver medals at the Dave Schultz Memorial International.
- December 19, 2015NMU-OTS Athletes Earn Olympic Trials Berth
The NMU-OTS Greco-Roman wrestling team qualified eight more athletes to compete in the U.S. Olympic Team Trials.
- November 10, 2015Greco-Roman Wrestler Earns Olympic Trials Berth
Kendrick Sanders earns pass into the Olympic Trials and wins the Outstanding Wrestler Award.
- November 4, 2015Wrestlers Compete in New York
NMU-OTS Greco-Roman wrestlers will compete Nov. 6-7 at the Bill Farrell International Open.
- November 2, 2015Greco-Roman Wrestlers Win Bronze in Sweden
Wrestlers are returning home from Sweden with bronze medals and a valuable experience.
- October 30, 2015Wrestling Competes in Sweden
The NMU-OTS sent 12 Greco-Roman wrestlers to Sweden for a training camp and two competitions.
- September 29, 2015NMU-OTS Weightlifters Sweep University Nationals
NMU-OTS weightlifters swept titles in all three categories, women's, men's and coed this weekend.
- August 17, 2015NMU-OTS Weightlifters Compete at NationalsThree weightlifters compete at Nationals.
- June 19, 2015NMU-OTS Greco-Roman Wrestlers Host a High School Team CampWrestlers will experience life on the other side of the whistle as they run drills for the Allendale high school wrestling team.
- May 30, 2015NMU-OTS WRESTLERS WIN FOUR UNIVERSITY NATIONAL TITLESNMU-OTS wrestlers win four University National titles and eight medals overall.
- May 8, 2015NMU-OTS Greco-Roman Wrestlers Earn Junior National TitlesNMU-OTS wrestlers earned two United World Wrestling Junior Greco-Roman National titles and spots on the UWW Junior World Championships Team.
- April 22, 2015NMU-OTS Athlete and Graduate Assistant Selected to Present Research in FranceA NMU-OTS weightlifter and graduate assistant were each selected to present their research at the International Conference on Biomechanics in Sports.
- April 20, 2015NMU-OTS Greco-Roman Wrestlers Earn Recognition at NMU Student-Athlete BanquetThe annual Northern Michigan University Student-Athlete Banquet was held Saturday, April 18,
- April 20, 2015NMU-OTS Weightlifting Athletes Earn Recognition at NMU Student-Athlete BanquetThe annual Northern Michigan University Student-Athlete Banquet was held Saturday, April 18.
- April 13, 2015Why Choose NMU?NMU has quietly become one of the most effective Greco-Roman training programs in USA Wrestling history.
- March 27, 2015Superior International Camp and Competition Seeking Additional WrestlersSpace is available to participate in the Superior International Camp and Competition.
- March 13, 2015NMU-OTS Posts Strong Performance Against All-Navy Team in Superior DomeNMU-OTS swept the matches 10-0, only giving up four points to the All-Navy squad.
- March 2, 2015NMU-OTS WRESTLER WINS GOLD IN AUSTRIADalton Roberts was the top performer for Team USA, winning a gold medal at the Austria Junior Open Saturday (Feb. 28) in Gotzis, Austria.
- February 10, 2015Eleven NMU-OTS Athletes Slated to Compete at National Junior ChampionshipsEleven NMU-OTS weightlifters and one club team member will travel to Oklahoma City for the National Junior Championships.
- February 4, 2015Weightlifters Medal at the Grand Rapids Winter GamesBrian Budd earned two medals and club team member Sage Pletka added a third at the Grand Rapids Winter Games.
- January 23, 2015Current and Past NMU-OTS Athletes Participate in All-Star EventCurrent and past stars from Northern Michigan University Olympic Training Site’s wrestling program will compete this weekend in the Jack Pinto Cup.
- January 16, 2015Eight NMU-OTS Athletes to Compete at International Event in AustriaEight NMU-OTS athletes are scheduled to compete in the Austrian Junior Greco-Roman Open next month in Gotzi, Austria.
- December 19, 2014NMU-OTS Greco-Roman Wrestlers Medal at Minnesota Storm Holiday CupTwo NMU-OTS Greco-Roman wrestlers placed first with nine others placing in the top five of their respective weight classes.
- December 9, 2014Three NMU-OTS Athletes Step Up to the International Stage in ThailandThree NMU-OTS athletes competed in the World University Weightlifting Championships this past weekend in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
- November 19, 2014Northern Michigan University Olympic Training Site’s Greco-Roman Program Celebrates 15 Years at NMUNorthern Michigan University is celebrating the 15th anniversary of the Greco-Roman wrestling program this semester.
- November 10, 2014NMU-OTS Greco-Roman Wrestlers Earn Gold at Bill Farrell InternationalGreco-Roman wrestlers earned two gold medals and four fourth place finishes at the Bill Farrell International on Nov. 8.
- October 27, 2014Weightlifters Compete in Iron Egg Autumn ClassicOne resident and two club members of the NMU Olympic Training Site earned medals this past weekend at the Iron Egg Autumn Classic.
- October 21, 2014Wrestlers Win Team Title in PanamaGreco-Roman wrestlers captured a team title and five individual medals while competing in Panama City, Panama.
- October 13, 2014Newgard Named University World Team Head CoachWeightlifting coach Vance Newgard has been named head coach for USA Weightlifting’s University World men’s team.
- October 8, 2014Weightlifters Compete in MinnesotaThree first-year weightlifters competed this past weekend at the Minnesota Open in Rochester.
- September 30, 2014Weightlifting Earns 14 Medals and One National ChampionNMU Olympic Training Site athlete Andrew Vrabel is a National Champion after placing first in the National University Championships.
- September 18, 2014NMU-OTS Weightlifters Compete at HomeNMU-OTS Weightlifters lifted qualifying totals to participate in national events.
- August 25, 2014Athlete places First at Pennsylvania State & Young Guns ChampionshipsChris Young placed first at the 2014 Pennsylvania State and Young Guns Championships.
- July 28, 2014NMU-OTS Hosts 2014 National Olympic Weightlifting CampNMU's Olympic Training Site is hosting the 2014 National Olympic Weightlifting Camp Sunday, July 27 to Sunday, Aug. 3.
- July 23, 2014NMU-OTS Hosts Greco-Roman Junior World Team CampNorthern Michigan University’s Olympic Training Site is hosting a two-week Greco-Roman Junior World Team Camp.
- July 21, 2014NMU-OTS Athlete Earns Silver at USA Weightlifting ChampionshipsWeightlifting athlete Ryan Borges earns a silver at the USA National Weightlifting Championships.
- July 2, 2014NMU-OTS Hosts Greco-Roman University World TeamUSA Wrestling is bringing its Greco-Roman University World Team training camp to Northern Michigan University’s Olympic Training Site.
- June 11, 2014Superior International Wrestling Camp ConcludesApproximately 95 athletes from five different countries participated in the event, which lasted 10 days.
- June 3, 2014NMU-OTS Athletes Qualify for FILA Junior World ChampionshipsTwo Greco-Roman athletes qualified to compete in the 2014 FILA Junior World Championships in Zagreb, Croatia.
- June 2, 2014NMU-OTS Hosts International Wrestling Camp;Olympic MedalistsNorthern Michigan University’s Olympic Training Site will host athletes from four European countries for the Superior Wrestling Camp June 1-10.
- May 27, 2014Greco-Roman Wrestler’s Qualify for University World ChampionshipsFive student-athletes from Northern Michigan University’s Olympic Training Site qualified for the University World Championships in Pecs, Hungary.
- May 20, 2014Weightlifters Place First at Indiana State Weightlifting ChampionshipsSeven NMU-OTS weightlifters place first at the Indiana State Championships.
- April 21, 2014Six OTS Wrestlers Qualify for U.S. World Team TrialsSix NMU-OTS wrestlers qualified to participate in the United States World Team Trials May 31–June 1 in Madison, Wis. at the Senior Open in Las Vegas.
- April 18, 2014Three Wrestlers Win Gold at Junior NationalsBarrett Stanghill was named outstanding wrestler at the Junior Nationals and was one of three gold medalists from the NMU-OTS.
- March 5, 2014Training Site Weightlifters Strong at Arnold ChampionshipsMARQUETTE, Mich. — All five Northern Michigan University Olympic Training Site student-athletes who competed at last weekend’s (March 1-2) Arnold Weightlifting Championships set personal records, giving the OTS a strong showing.
- February 26, 2014OTS Wrestlers Defeat All-Navy TeamNMU-OTS wrestlers defeated the All-Navy team nine matches to three Tuesday, Feb. 25 at Westwood High School. The dual event that featured Greco-Roman and Freestyle wrestling.
- January 31, 2014Olympic Training Site Wrestler Takes GoldOlympic Training Site wrestler Kendrick Sanders won a gold medal at the prestigious Dave Schultz Memorial International.
- January 10, 2014NMU, USOC Continue PartnershipNMU and the USOC announce the renewal of a contract to maintain an Olympic training site on campus.
- January 7, 2014Elite Wrestlers Visit NMUUSA Wrestling national team members and other highly nationally- ranked athletes are visiting Northern Michigan University for a 10-day camp.
- December 20, 2013Wrestlers Earn Medals in Minnesota TournamentFive Greco-Roman wrestlers won medals at the Minnesota Storm Holiday Cup tournament in Rochester, Minn.
- December 20, 2013Wrestlers Medal Five at Minnesota Storm Holiday CupFive United States Olympic Education Center Greco-Roman wrestlers won medals at the Minnesota Storm Holiday Cup tournament Friday, Dec. 20, in Rochester, Minn.
- December 8, 2013Athletes Medal at American OpenTwo athletes earn medals at USA Weightlifting’s American Open Championships.
- November 11, 2013Wrestlers Take Two Medals in New YorkTwo USOEC Greco-Roman wrestlers took home medals at the New York Athletic Club Holiday International Open this past weekend. Earning a silver medal was Trasher Porcher of Chuluota, Fla., in the 66 kilogram weight class and a bronze medal went to Tanner An
- November 7, 2013Two USOEC Wrestlers Take Gold in SwedenTwo United States Olympic Education Center Greco-Roman wrestlers won gold medals last weekend at the Junior Malar Cup in Vasteras, Sweden. Samuel Jones took first place in the 60 kilogram weight class and Orry Elor took first place at 120 kg.
- October 31, 2013Wrestlers Travel to SwedenGreco-Roman wrestlers finished a five-day training camp in Härnösand, Sweden, with a dual meet against some of the country’s top athletes on Wednesday (Oct. 30).
- October 21, 2013USOEC Hosts Weightlifting MeetUSOEC weightlifters hold intrasquad meet at 4 p.m. Friday, Oct. 25, at the PEIF.
- October 1, 2013Wrestlers Take Title in PanamaMARQUETTE, Mich. — United States Olympic Education Center Greco-Roman wrestlers captured a team title and six individual medals Sunday (Sept. 29) while competing in Panama City, Panama in the International Cup Eduardo Campbell Senior Tour.
- August 26, 2013USOEC Hosts French Greco-Roman TeamMembers of France’s top Junior Greco-Roman wrestling team are at Northern Michigan University through Monday, Sept. 1, to train with the United States Olympic Education Center team.
- August 14, 2013USOEC Hosts Wrestling World Team CampMembers of USA Wrestling’s Cadet World Team are at Northern Michigan University through Friday, Aug. 16 training under United States Olympic Education Center head coach Rob Hermann.
- July 29, 2013Borges Wins National ChampionshipsWeightlifter Ryan Borges earned a National Championship title Saturday (July 27) at USA Weightlifting’s National Championships in West Chester, Ohio.
- July 11, 2013Athletes Attend World University GamesOne weightlifting athlete and two Greco-Roman wrestlers are participating in the World University Games in Kazan, Russia.
- July 1, 2013Weightlifters ShineA USOEC weightlifter earned silver at the Pan American Championships and two club team members recorded personal records at the Youth Nationals.
- June 24, 2013Varona Earns Spot On World TeamUnited States Olympic Education Center Greco-Roman wrestler Isaiah Varona won gold and earned a spot on the Junior World Championship Team.
- May 20, 2013USOEC Weightlifters Win GoldUnited States Olympic Education Center weightlifters earned two gold medals and a bronze on Friday, May 18, at the Wisconsin State Championships/Open in Denmark, Wis. Members of the Northern Michigan University Club weightlifting team added three gold.
- May 16, 2013USOEC Wrestler Competes to Save WrestlingGreco-Roman wrestler Kendrick Sanders helped Team USA defeat Russia in The Rumble on the Rails competition.
- May 3, 2013USOEC Athletes Receive DiplomasUnited States Olympic Education Center weightlifting athletes will receive their diplomas this Saturday, May 4, during Northern Michigan University’s commencement ceremony.
- April 21, 2013Wrestlers Earn Silver at US OpenGreco-Roman wrestlers traveled to Las Vegas this week (March 18-20) to compete at the U.S. Open,coming away with three silver medals and five others finishing in the top seven to advance to the U.S. World Team Trials in Stillwater,Okla.,June 20-23.
- April 20, 2013Wrestlers Crowned National ChampionsGreco-Roman wrestlers won two national champion titles at the ASICS Junior Nationals in Las Vegas Friday (March 19). Three other wrestlers took silver and four earned bronze.
- April 8, 2013Weightlifters Medal at University ChampionshipsUnited States Olympic Education Center weightlifters earned six medals last weekend (April 5 -7) at the National University Championships in Johnson City, Tenn.
- April 6, 2013Nowry Wins Gold At Pan American ChampionshipsGreco-Roman wrestler Max Nowry was the top performer for Team USA, winning a gold medal at the Pan American Championships Friday (April 5) in Panama City, Panama.
- March 27, 2013Wrestlers To Compete In Pan American ChampionshipsWrestlers Max Nowry and Kendrick Sanders have been chosen to represent the United States at the Pan American Championships April 5 in Panama City, Panama.
- March 26, 2013Team Japan Visits The USOECUnited States Olympic Education Center Greco-Roman wrestlers have a fresh set of training partners in the gym as Team Japan arrived on Sunday, March 24, for a five day visit.
- March 18, 2013Wrestlers Return From AustriaUnited States Olympic Education Center wrestlers helped Team USA sweep all 10 matches in a Greco-Roman all-star competition in Götzis, Austria on Friday, March 16. The squad also competed in a dual that same day versus Georgia, losing 4-1 in five matches.
- March 11, 2013Wrestlers Medal In AustriaUnited States Olympic Education Center Greco-Roman wrestlers helped Team USA take home first place honors at the Austrian Junior Open in Götzis, Austria, this weekend (March 9), with two USOEC athletes earning medals.
- February 26, 2013Weightlifters Compete In Thunderdome ChallengeUnited States Olympic Education Center weightlifters competed in the third-annual intrasquad Thunderdome Challenge tonight (Feb. 25) at Northern Michigan University’s Superior Dome.
- February 26, 2013USOEC Wrestling Defeats NavyUnited States Olympic Education Center wrestlers came out on top at the All-Navy vs. USOEC Greco-Roman Wrestling Dual hosted by the USOEC tonight (Feb. 26) at Vandament Arena on Northern Michigan University’s campus.
- February 22, 2013Weightlifters Hold Intrasquad meetUnited States Olympic Education Center weightlifters will showcase their talent from 4-8 p.m. Monday, Feb. 25, in the Superior Dome.
- February 19, 2013All-Navy Greco-Roman Wrestling Team Visits NMUMembers of the U.S. All-Navy Greco-Roman wrestling team are visiting Northern Michigan University through March 14. The team is training with the USOEC Greco-Roman team to prepare for the Armed Forces Wrestling Championships.
- February 17, 2013Weightlifter Wins BronzeUnited States Olympic Education Center weightlifter Chris Young took home bronze today (Feb. 17) at the National Junior Weightlifting Championships in Foster City, Calif.
- February 1, 2013Stanghill And Erickson Take Over As Club CoachesUnited States Olympic Education Center Greco-Roman wrestler Barrett Stanghill is taking over coaching duties for the Northern Michigan University Angry Fish Wrestling Club.
- January 26, 2013Wrestlers Are Undefeated At Pinto CupUnited States Olympic Education Center Greco-Roman wrestlers Kendrick Sanders and Tanner Andrews went undefeated today (Jan. 26) at the Jack Pinto Cup in Colorado Springs, Colo.
- January 25, 2013Weightlifters Qualify For EventsUnited States Olympic Education Center weightlifting athletes qualified for events by lifting qualifying totals during a team event sanctioned by USA Weightlifting this past Monday (Jan. 21).
- January 24, 2013Jack Pinto Cup, Dave Schultz Memorial Next for WrestlingGreco-Roman wrestlers will travel to Colorado Springs, Colo.,for two competitions Jan. 26-31.
- December 15, 2012Williams, Sanders Win Gold At Holiday CupUnited States Olympic Education Center Greco-Roman wrestlers had a strong showing at the Minnesota Storm Holiday Cup in Rochester, Minn., today (Dec. 15), with two athletes taking home top honors and 10 others placing in the top four.
- December 12, 2012Wrestling Brothers GraduateTwo United States Olympic Education Center Greco-Roman wrestlers will be donning caps and gowns on Saturday, Dec. 15, to receive their diplomas during Northern Michigan University’s commencement ceremony.
- December 6, 2012Olympic Bronze Medalist Visits USOECMkkhitar Manukyan, a 2004 Olympic bronze medalist in Greco-Roman wrestling, is visiting the United States Olympic Education Center through Dec. 14.
- December 4, 2012Weightlifters Win Gold, Bronze at American OpenUnited States Olympic Education Center weightlifters Vanessa McCoy and Ryan Borges earned medals last weekend (Dec. 1 - 2) at the American Open Weightlifting Championships in Palm Springs, Calif.
- November 30, 2012Wrestlers Ranked in Top 10Fifteen United States Olympic Education Center Greco-Roman wrestlers earned top 10 status in Thursday’s (Nov. 29) national senior rankings by TheMat.com, the official website of USA Wrestling.
- November 26, 2012Wrestler Wins Silver at Haavisto CupGreco-Roman wrestler Thrasher Porcher won a silver medal at the Haavisto Cup in Ilmajoki, Finland, last Thursday (Nov.22).
- November 10, 2012Wrestlers Win Silver, Bronze at NYAC InternationalTwo United States Olympic Education Center Greco-Roman wrestlers earned silver medals this weekend at the New York Athletic Club Holiday International in New York City.
- November 7, 2012Carlson Lifts Strong at World University ChampionshipsUnited States Olympic Education Center weightlifter Breanne Carlson lifted personal records today at the World University Championships in Eilat, Israel.
- November 5, 2012Wrestlers Win Medals in SwedenEight United States Olympic Education Center Greco-Roman Wrestlers gained their first international experience at the Lilla Mälar Cup in Stockholm, this weekend, with two athletes earning silver medals.
- November 2, 2012Weightlifter Travels to IsraelUnited States Olympic Education Center weightlifter Breanne Carlson will compete in the 58-kilogram weight division Wednesday, Nov. 7, at the World University Championships in Eilat, Israel.
- October 31, 2012Nowry Featured in Sports IllustratedUnited States Olympic Education Center Greco-Roman wrestler Max Nowry will be featured in “Faces in the Crowd” in the Nov. 5 issue of Sports Illustrated.
- October 23, 2012Greco-Roman Wrestlers Head to SwedenTen United States Olympic Education Center Greco-Roman Wrestlers will travel to Stockholm, Sweden, on Wednesday, Oct. 24.
- October 22, 2012USOEC Wrestling Club MeetsUSOEC wrestlers will host an informational meeting for community members who may be interested in joining the Northern Michigan University Angry Fish Wrestling Club. The meeting will be held at 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 25, in the Superior Dome.
- October 9, 2012Weightlifting Expands Club TeamThe United States Olympic Education Center weightlifting team is looking to involve more community members with the introduction of the Northern Michigan University Weightlifting Club.
- October 6, 2012Greco-Roman Wrestler Wins GoldThree United States Olympic Education Center Greco-Roman Wrestlers placed well at the University World Championships in Kourtane, Finland, this weekend, with one athlete taking home a gold medal.
- September 29, 2012Weightlifters Lift Personal RecordsUnited States Olympic Education Center weightlifters put on a strong showing Friday night at the Superior Dome during the Upper Peninsula Weightlifting Championships with eight athletes lifting personal records.
- September 26, 2012USOEC Weightlifters Showcase TalentUnited States Olympic Education Center weightlifters will showcase their talent from 4:30-6:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 28, in the Superior Dome.
- September 24, 2012Greco-Roman Team Well TraveledMembers of the Greco-Roman wrestling team training at the United States Olympic Education Center have a busy fall semester planned. Combined, team members will travel more than 50,000 miles before the end of the semester in December.
- September 12, 2012Michigan Boasts Weightlifting TalentMichigan residents make up almost half of the weightlifting roster for the United States Olympic Education Center this season. Ten of the 21-member squad hail from Michigan. Three call Marquette home and one is a Munising native.
- August 21, 2012USOEC’s 2012-13 MENU OF SPORTS CONTINUES TO EVOLVEThe revamping of the United States Olympic Education Center on Northern Michigan University’s campus continues to evolve.
- August 19, 2012Greco-Roman Wrestlers Make World TeamUnited States Olympic Education Center Greco-Roman wrestlers earned four out of seven spots on the University World Team.
- August 13, 2012Greco-Roman Wrestling Team Prepares for University World Team TrialsMembers of the United States Olympic Education Center Greco-Roman Wrestling team have returned to Northern Michigan University’s campus to prepare for the University World Team Trials.
- June 18, 2012USOEC Wrestler Wins SilverUnited States Olympic Education Center Greco-Roman wrestler Paul Tellgren won a silver medal at the Ljubomir Ivanovic Gedza International last Saturday (June 16) in Bellgrade, Serbia.
- June 14, 2012Wrestlers Help Team USA Win PAN AM Junior TitlesThree wrestlers with United States Olympic Education Center ties helped Team USA win titles in both Greco-Roman and freestyle wrestling at the 2012 Pan American Junior Championships in Peten, Guatemala recently.
- June 1, 2012Wrestlers Dominate at University ChampionshipsGreco-Roman wrestlers dominated the mat at the ASICS University National Championships in Akron, Ohio, winning seven out of nine weight classes.
- May 29, 2012USA WEIGHTLIFTING NAMES NEWGARD HEAD COACHUSA Weightlifting has announced that it will appoint Vance Newgard as head coach to lead the program at the United States Olympic Education Center on the Northern Michigan University campus.
- May 27, 2012USOEC WRESTLERS FINISH ON TOPTwo United States Olympic Education Center Greco-Roman wrestlers grappled their way to the top during Saturday’s FILA Junior World Team Trials in Colorado Springs, Co.
- May 21, 2012USOEC's Andrews Receives USA Wrestling AwardUSOEC wrestler Tanner Andrews was recognized as one of two recipients of the 2012 Jacob Curby Memorial Award.
- May 14, 2012USOEC Wrestlers Win GoldTwo USOEC wrestlers win gold.
- May 9, 2012USA Wrestling’s Greco-Roman Education Program to remain at Northern Michigan UniversityUSA Wrestling has announced that its Greco-Roman Education Program will remain at Northern Michigan University in Marquette, Mich. as part of the U.S. Olympic Education Center (USOEC) program.
- April 16, 2012DeNova, Alvarez, Finau Win FILA Junior NationalsUnited States Olympic Education Center Greco-Roman wrestlers Joey DeNova, Nick Alvarez and Marcus Finau placed first at the 2012 FILA Junior Nationals last Sunday, April 15, in Madison, Wis..
- April 16, 2012Henry, Smith, Vrabel Place First at NationalsUnited States Olympic Education Center weightlifters Allie Henry, Jerilyn Smith and Andrew Vrabel won their respective weight categories at the 2012 University National Championships last weekend, April 15-16, in Shreveport, La.
- April 2, 2012USOEC's Briggs and Wildes Qualify for Olympic TrialsGreco-Roman wrestlers Aaron Briggs and Lee Wildes won berths to the U.S. Olympic Trials with their first-place finishes at the at the 2012 Final U.S. Olympic Trials Qualifying Tournament.
- March 29, 2012Wrestlers Last Chance for TrialsFifteen U.S. Olympic Education Center Greco-Roman wrestlers will compete in the Final U.S. Olympic Trials Qualifying Tournament March 31-April 1 in Cedar Falls, Iowa.
- March 26, 2012Apodaca Places Second, Klein FourthTwo U.S. Olympic Education Center freestyle wrestlers placed in the top four at the 2012 University National Championships last weekend ( March 24-25) in Oklahoma City, Okla.
- March 19, 2012Derrick Sweeps for FirstSpeedskater Kimberly Derrick of the U.S. Olympic Education Center placed first in all four races in the Ladies division at the 2012 US Speedskating American Cup Finals and Short Track Age Group National Championships March 16-18 in Green Bay, Wis.
- March 14, 2012Speedskater Takes Next StepUnited States Olympic Education Center short track speedskater Dan Fiorenza is traveling to Green Bay, Wis., this weekend with 10 team members for the 2012 Short Track Age Group National Championships/American Cup Final. But he isn’t going to compete.
- March 9, 2012USOEC Team Tops Team JapanThe U.S. Olympic Education Center Greco-Roman wrestling team defeated Team Japan in the Japan vs. USOEC Duals Friday in Vandament Arena at Northern Michigan University. By the end of the evening, the USOEC out-wrestled Japan nine matches to zero.
- March 5, 2012USOEC's Henry and Serpan Place ThirdU.S. Olympic Education Center weightlifter Allie Henry placed third at the 2012 Olympic Trials and teammate Shelbie Serpan placed third at the National Weightlifting Championships. Both events were held March 2-4 in Columbus, Ohio.
- February 20, 2012Skaters Place in Top ThreeThree U.S. Olympic Education Center short-track speedskaters have captured top 10 rankings in their respective American Cup divisions following their performances at last weekend’s (Feb. 18-19) 2012 American Cup III in Champaign, Ill.
- February 6, 2012Sanders Places First at SchultzGreco-Roman wrestler Kendrick Sanders captured a first-place finish at the 2012 Dave Schultz Memorial International last Saturday, Feb. 4, in Colorado Springs, Colo., and subsequently earned a trip to the U. S. Olympic Trials.
- February 3, 2012Burkert Places Second at SchultzThree U.S. Olympic Education Center freestyle wrestlers competed at the 2012 Dave Schultz Memorial International Feb. 2 in Colorado Springs, Colo. Jenna Burkert placed second in the 59 kilogram weight class.
- February 3, 2012Lifters Shine at HomeThe U.S. Olympic Education Center weightlifting team competed at the Third Annual Thunderdome Challenge last Friday, Feb. 3, in front of a home crowd in the Superior Dome.
- January 30, 2012Weightlifters Place Second at ChampionshipsThree U.S. Olympic Education Center weightlifters placed second at the 2012 National Junior Championships Jan. 27-29 in Itasca, Ill.
- January 9, 2012Malone Wins Bronze at ChampionshipsSpeedskater Jordan Malone won bronze at the 2012 U.S. Short Track Speedskating Championships Jan. 6-8 in Kearns, Utah, earning him a spot on the World Cup team and World Championship team.
- December 5, 2011Henry, Serpan Win Gold and SilverMARQUETTE – Two United States Olympic Education Center weightlifters won gold and silver at the 2011 American Open in Mobile, Ala., Dec. 2-4.
- November 15, 2011Greco-Roman Blog From NorwayGreco-Roman wrestler Nick Alvarez kept a log of the wrestlers training and competition from Oslo, Norway.
- October 31, 2011Skaters Place in Top FiveTwo U.S. Olympic Education Center speedskaters placed in the top three at the American Cup II this weekend in Cleveland, Ohio
- October 20, 2011Wrestlers Win Against MarinesThe U.S. Olympic Education Center Greco-Roman wrestling team defeated the All Marine team 8-4 in a dual meet held at the Northern Michigan University Superior Dome.
- October 15, 2011Greco-Roman Assistant Coach NamedAghasi Manukyan, a former World Cup Champion, has been named assistant coach for USA WrestlingÃ‚’s Greco-Roman program at the United States Olympic Education Center.
- October 2, 2011USOEC Lifters Begin SeasonFour United States Olympic Education Center weightlifters earned best lifter awards at the Twin City Open Saturday in Minneapolis, Minn.
- October 1, 2011Speedskating Team Starts SeasonThe USOEC Speedskating team is competing at the American Cup I Oct. 1-2 in St. Louis, Mo.
- August 29, 2011Willie Madison leaves USOEC Greco-Roman coaching post to accept new career opportunityMARQUETTE, Mich. Ã‚– Willie Madison, the Assistant Greco-Roman Coach for the U.S. Olympic Education Center at Northern Michigan University is leaving his post to accept a new career opportunity in the Eastern United States.
- August 22, 2011Freshman Gain ExperienceFive members of the United States Olympic Education Center freestyle wrestling team will compete at the Cadet World Championships Aug. 25-26 in Szombathely, Hungary.
- August 22, 2011Weightlifters Lift in ChinaThree United States Olympic Education Center weightlifters competed at the 2011 World University Games Aug. 12-23 in Shenzhen, China.
- August 4, 2011Bright Future for SpeedskaterJust seven months after 13 year-old Kazia Emily-Carol Cooper first laced up a pair of speedskates, she is living and training in Marquette, Mich., with elite athletes in the sport, including two Olympians.
- July 28, 2011Golston Wins Bronze at Junior WorldsBUCHAREST, Romania Ã‚– The United States won a pair of medals on the first day of the womenÃ‚’s freestyle competition at the Junior World Championships on Thursday. The USOEC's Erin Golston took third.
- July 18, 2011Weightlifter McCoy Wins NationalsWeightlifter Vanessa McCoy, a facility use athlete training with the United States Olympic Education Center team, won her first national title at the 2011 National Weightlifting Championships on July 15-17 in Council Bluffs, Iowa. She is from Wichita Fall
- July 14, 2011National Speedskating Camp Comes to MarquetteNorthern Michigan UniversityÃ‚’s Berry Event Center will be the site of the United States Speedskating Short Track National Team Camp Monday through Saturday, July 18-23.
- July 6, 2011Weightlifters Compete OverseasTwo United States Olympic Education Center weightlifters competed at the 2011 Junior World Weightlifting Championships in Penang, Malaysia on June 30-July 7.
- May 23, 2011Wrestlers Repeat First-Place FinishesTwo United States Olympic Education Center Greco-Roman wrestlers placed first at the 2011 FILA Junior World Team Trials May 19-20 in Franklin, Ind., enabling them to compete at the FILA Junior World Championships July 29-31 in Bucharest, Romania.
- May 16, 2011Freestyle Wrestlers Make Junior World TeamFour United States Olympic Education Center freestyle wrestlers clinched titles at the 2011 Body Bar FILA Junior Nationals May 15 in Kissimmee, Fla., and qualified for the U.S. team for the FILA Junior World Championships. Also last weekend, four USOEC Gr
- April 25, 2011Wrestlers Finsh Strong at University NationalsThe Greco-Roman team had 11 first-place finishers while the freestyle team had two wrestlers qualify for World Team Trials at the 2011 University Nationals April 21-24 in Akron, Ohio.
- April 12, 2011Henry, Jarvis Win Gold at Collegiate NationalsAllie Henry and Steve Jarvis each claimed the Collegiate Championship for their weight class and set new personal records. Robin Feuerman added a bronze medal to the mix.
- April 12, 2011Brown Takes Bronze at Senior NationalsSchuyler Brown and five other freestyle wrestlers placed in the top seven at Senior Nationals to qualify for the World Team Trials in June.
- April 12, 2011Tellgren Claims Silver at Senior NationalsTellgren medaled at Senior Nationals and is one of ten USOEC Greco-Roman wrestlers who qualified for the World Team Trials in June.
- March 31, 2011Apodaca Creates Ribbon to Fight Childhood AbuseFreestyler Melissa Apodaca created the Change Ribbon to raise awareness of childhood abuse, poverty and rape. Apodaca overcame these issues in her own life and wants to help others in the same situation.
- March 17, 2011Greco Wrestlers Succeed at HomeUSOEC wrestlers competed against members of the Marine Corps and Japanese teams in a dual at Westwood High School.
- March 16, 2011Weightlifters Set Personal Records at ThunderdomeFive weightlifters set personal records competing in front of a home crowd at the Thunderdome Challenge.
- March 15, 2011Barlett Named American Cup ChampionErin Bartlett finished strong in the American Cup final and was named American Cup champion. Her success earns her an automatic spot on the U.S. National Team next season.
- March 14, 2011Greco-Roman Match in IshpemingUSOEC wrestlers will take on members of the Marine and Japanese teams on Wednesday, March 16, at Westwood High School. Competition begins at 6 p.m. and admission is free.
- March 11, 2011Burkert wins Bronze in SwedenYoung Burkert continues success after defeating some of Europe's most experienced and successful wrestlers.
- March 9, 2011Skaters Ready for American Cup FinalErin Barlett and Levi Kirkpatrick enter the American Cup Final ranked first in their divisions. Competition begins March 11 in Wausau, Wis.
- February 16, 2011Sluberski Returns From IndiaFreestyler Carlene Sluberski gained international experience wrestling in India.
- February 8, 2011Sluberski to Compete in IndiaFreestyle wrestler Carlene Sluberski will compete in the Shaheed Bhagat Singh International Tournament Feb. 9-12. Sluberski is the first USOEC wrestler to compete in India.
- February 1, 2011Briggs Undefeated at Kiki CupGreco-Roman wrestler Aaron Briggs finished 4-0 against opponents from Japan, Bulgaria, Sweden and Poland.
- February 1, 2011Sluberski Earns SilverFreestyler Sluberski went 3-1 at the WCWA Nationals to take silver at 51 kg.
- January 25, 2011Freestyle Wrestlers Place in CanadaJenna Burkert and Schulyer Brown went head-to-head for the bronze medal at the Guelph Open Jan. 22.
- January 25, 2011Burg Finishes FifthThree speedskaters finished in the top 10 at the U.S. Junior Championships in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
- December 16, 2010Barnett Second at American OpenTen USOEC weightlifters finished in the top eight at the American Open, including silver-medalist Josh Barnett.
- December 10, 2010Hermann Leads Greco TeamRob Hermann brings an extensive Greco-Roman coaching background to the UOSEC, including leading three wreslters to Olympic medals as head coach of the 1996 U.S. Olympic team.
- December 10, 2010U.S. Speedskating ChampionshipsUSOEC speedskaters are gearing up for the U.S. Championships Dec. 10-12 in Salt Lake City, Utah. Top finishers in this tournament will have a spot on the U.S. World Team.
- December 8, 2010Lifters Ready for American OpenUSOEC weightliters compete at the American Open Dec. 10-12. Seventeen team members will will compete amongst over 200 U.S. lifters.
- November 24, 2010Sluberski First at Can-AmsFreestyle wrestlers earned three medals Nov. 20-21, including Sluberski's gold, at NYAC and Can-Am competitions.
- November 9, 2010Ryabchinskiy Wins ChampionshipDmitry Ryabchinskiy defeated fellow USOEC teammate Paul Tellgren in the 55 kilogram weight class to take first place at the New York Athletic Club Invitational Sunday, Nov 7.
- November 4, 2010Nielson Top American Wreslter at WorldsZac Nielson placed fifth to boost Team USA to a 12th-place finish at the World University Championships in Torino, Italy.
- November 1, 2010Greco Team Earns Six Medals in NorwayThe USOEC earned the title of best club in the junior division at the Kolbotn Cup, Oct. 29-30.
- November 1, 2010Freestyle Takes Team TitleUSOEC freestyle wrestlers brought home two gold and three silver medals from the Concordia Invite Oct. 31 in Montreal, Canada.
- October 25, 2010Tellgren Champion at SunkistGreco-roman wrestler Paul Tellgren finished with a pin to come out on top at the 2010 Sunkist Kids International Open. It was the first tournament of the year for Greco-roman and freestyle athletes.
- October 19, 2010Making Something Out of NothingOlympic speedskater Jordan Malone could also be called an entrepreneur and engineer. The product? Carbon fiber, which is what Malone produces in his basement shop and is used for protection on the ice.
- October 11, 2010Lobello Qualifies for World Team2006 Olympian and current USOEC resident Anthony Lobello placed fourth at the first American Cup competition and earned a spot on the World Cup team.
- October 6, 2010Ito Competes in Senior World ChampionshipsWeightlifter Colin Ito competed amongst top lifters in the world at the Senior World Championships in Antalya, Turkey. Ito placed 25th in this international competition held September 17-26.
- September 27, 2010Olympians Return to USOECThree former Olympians, Kimberly Derrick, Anthony Lobello and Jordan Malone, will be chasing Olympic and educational goals while at the USOEC this year.
- September 9, 2010Ito Selected for World Team & Athlete of the YearCollin Ito has been selected by USA Weightlifting for the 2010 USA World Team and will compete at the World Championships September 17-26 in Antalya, Turkey. He was also named USOEC's Athlete of the Year for his athletic accomplishments.
- July 27, 2010Freestyle Champion to Join USOECThe USOEC Freestyle wrestling squad welcomes nine new athletes this fall. Among them is Kim Spiegel, a 2010 Junior National champion, and others successful at the national level.
- July 26, 2010USOEC Lifter's Help Kids "Lose the Training Wheels"Weightlifters volunteered for the "Lose the Training Wheels" program July 19-23 at Lakeview Arena. The program teaches individuals with disabilities how to ride a two-wheel bike.
- June 18, 2010Determined Carlson Places ThirdBreanne Carlson's attitude paid off at the USA Senior National Championships. In fifth place halfway through the event, she jumped to third after an "I can do it" pep talk.
- June 18, 2010Cowles 17th at Junior WorldsSara Cowles finished 17th at Junior Worlds in Sophia, Bulgaria on Wednesday (June 16). Robin Feuerman did not post a total after hitting one out of six lifts.
- May 24, 2010USOEC's Golston Undefeated at NationalsGolston advances to the Junior World Championships in Budapest, Hungary to represent the United States at 44 kg after sweeping through three matches at Nationals.
- May 10, 2010USOEC Wrestles With MarinesMarine Greco-Roman wrestlers drove 20 hours to train with USOEC wrestlers. The USOEC Greco-Roman wrestlers also invited fifteen talented high school wrestlers to check out the USOEC program.
- May 7, 2010Burkert Wins Gold at Pan AmsUSOEC freestyle wrestler Jenna Burkert claimed gold at the Pan American Youth Olympic Games Qualifier in Mexico. She'll represent the U.S.A. at the Youth Olympic Games in Singapore.
- May 6, 2010USOEC's Mango to Wrestle on Aircraft CarrierUSOEC Greco-Roman wrestler Spenser Mango will be participating in the Beat the Streets Wrestling Gala in New York City. The matches will take place on the USS Intrepid, which was used for battle in World War II and the Vietnam War.
- April 29, 2010Freestyle Wrestlers Place in Top SevenMembers of the USOEC Women's Freestyle Wrestling team place in the top seven to advance to World Team Trials.
- April 29, 2010Greco-Roman Wrestlers Qualify for World Team TrialsUSOEC Greco-Roman wrestlers competed in the FILA Junior Nationals and U.S. Open Senior Nationals and advance to World Team Trials.
- April 18, 2010Ito looks to repeat gold performance in MarquetteCollin Ito took gold in his weight class last year at the National Collegiate Championships in Shreveport, La. At this yearÃƒ¢Ã‚€Ã‚™s 2010 USA Weightlifting National Collegiate Championships, he hopes to do the same in front of all the fans at the Berr
- April 18, 2010Reis sets Collegiate RecordsThe final four weight classes of the Superior Health Partners National Collegiate Weightlifting Championships got underway today, and ended with 105-plus kilogram lifter Fernando Reis setting new collegiate national records in the snatch, clean and jerk,
- April 17, 2010Lenahen's long road back to competitionUSOEC resident athlete Chris Lenahen talks about recovering from injury and returning to competitive weightlifting
- April 17, 2010Lifters fight for gold on day two of National CollegiatesThe competition heated up at day two of the National Collegaite Weightlifting Championships as athletes battled for gold. Five championships were named.
- April 16, 2010USOEC Athletes Shine In Front of Home CrowdThe National Collegiate Weightlifting Championships hosted by the United States Olympic Education Center kicked off with a bang today with four sessions of lifters naming champions in six weight classes.
- April 13, 2010Sara Cowles balacing stength and studiesUSOEC resident weightlifter Sara Cowles talks about balancing training, work, school and a personal life on the way to reaching her dream of becoming an Olympic athlete.
- March 30, 2010Freestyle Wrestlers Sweep Folkstyle NationalsUSOEC women's wrestlers Erin Golston, Jenna Burkert and Anneliese DeAragon swept the USAW Folkstyle National Championships March 27.
- March 29, 2010Weightlifting wood-cut outs available for paintingWooden weightlifting barbells are now available through the Marquette Arts and Culture Center for painting.
- March 25, 2010Wrestlers to compete at National ChampionshipMembers of the USOEC women's freestyle wrestling team will compete at the Girls' Folkstyle National Championships March 26-28.
- March 25, 2010Provisor Takes Gold In BulgariaUSOEC Greco-Roman wreslter Ben Provisor took home gold at the Petko Sirakov and Ivan Illiev Junior International Tournament Mar. 21-23 in Sofia, Bulgaria
- March 16, 2010USOEC to host Big Brother Greco-Roman Wrestling CampThe USOEC will host the Big Brother Greco-Roman wrestling camp May 2-7 in the Superior Dome.
- March 11, 2010Carr makes World TeamSpeedskater Kyle Carr earned a position on the World Team, based on his performance at the American Cup Final.
- March 2, 2010Cowles wins gold at Junior National ChampionshipsThe USOEC weightlifting team competed in the National Junior Championships Feb. 26-28.
- February 23, 2010USOEC defeats Norway in dualThe USOEC men's Greco-Roman wrestling team defeated Norway in an international dual meet hosted by Westwood High School.
- February 22, 2010USOEC Weightlifters appear at North Star AcademyThe USOEC weightlifting team participated in North Star Academy's Olympic-themed education week.
- February 18, 2010USOEC Greco team to take on Norway in DualThe USOEC men's Greco-Roman wrestling team is set to take on Norway in a dual meet, Monday, Feb. 22 at Westwood High School
- February 11, 2010Wrestlers return from Dave Schultz MemorialThe USOEC Greco-Roman wrestling team competed at the 12th annual Dave Schultz Memorial International tournament.
- February 10, 2010Collapsed building cancels American Cup IIIThe USOEC speedskating team was unable to compete at American Cup III last weekend due to a collapsed ice arena.
- February 4, 2010Speedskaters to compete in American Cup IIIUSOEC speedskaters will compete in the American Cup III, Feb. 6-7, at the Prince William Ice Center in Dale City, Va.
- February 2, 2010Wrestlers Prepare for Dave Schultz MemorialThe USOEC men's Greco Roman wrestling team will compete in the Dave Schultz Memorial International tournament Feb. 3-6 in Colorado Springs, Colo.
- November 30, 2009Henry and Braddy Medal in Quebec Junior ChampionshipsUSOEC Weightlifters Allie Henry and Thomas Braddy won silver medals in the Quebec Junior Championships Nov. 28 in Quebec, Canada.
- November 4, 2009World Cup to have national, international TV exposureSaturday and Sunday, Nov. 14 and 15 of the ISU World Cup will be nationally televised on Versus as well as internationally televised.
- October 27, 2009Greco-Roman wrestlers bring home medals from SunkistTen USOEC Greco-Roman wrestlers brought home medals from the Sunkist International Open in Phoenix, Ariz.
- October 27, 2009Ito and Cowles set personal recordsTwo USOEC weightlifters rough home medals from the Criollo Cup in San Juan, Puerto Rico
- October 21, 2009Weightlifters compete in Puerto RicoTwo members of the USOEC weightlifting team will compete in the Criollo Cup.
- October 8, 2009Speedskaters Show Strong Performance At American CupThe United States Olympic Education CenterÃƒ¢Ã‚€Ã‚™s short track speedskating team had a strong performance at the American Cup 1 Oct. 3-4 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y. Six of the 10 USOEC skaters competing placed in the top 10 at the event.
- October 1, 2009Speedskating Team Welcomes Temporary CoachThe USOEC speedskating team is under the wing of temporary coach Tony Goskowicz while head coach Tricia Stennes is on maternity leave.
- September 30, 2009USOEC Wrestlers at World Wrestling ChampionshipsMembers of the USOEC Greco-Roman wrestling team competed in the 2009 World Wrestling Championships in Herning, Denmark.
- September 14, 2009Madison named Assistant Greco-Roman CoachWillie Madison has been named the assitant coach for the men's Greco-Roman wrestling team.
- September 1, 2009Newgard returns as USOEC assistant coachThe USOEC welcomes Vance Newgard as the assistant coach adn residence hall liaison for the resident weightlifting program.
- August 28, 2009Wooden skates decorate Marquette for Olympic TrialsThe city of Marquette will hang 80 wooden speedskates downtown in honor of the U.S. Speedskating Olympic Trials and ISU World Cup.
- August 25, 2009Hall named USOEC Greco-Roman wrestling coachThe United States Olympic Education Center has named Dennis Hall of Stevens Point, Wis. the head coach of the Greco-Roman wrestling team.
- July 31, 2009Weightlifters help 'Lose the Training Wheels'The USOEC weightlifting team is participating in the second annual 'Lose the Training Wheels' bike camp.
- July 13, 2009Speedskating ticket prices increase soonTickets prices for the U.S. Short Track Speedskating Olympic Team Trials, Sept. 8-12, will increase 25 percent after Aug. 1.
- June 23, 2009Weightlifters Gain World ExperienceTwo USOEC weightlifters competed at the Junior World Championships in Bucharest, Romania
- June 18, 2009U.S. National Short Track Team Trains in MarquetteThe U.S. National Short Track Speedskating team will be training at Northern Michigan University's Berry Events Center June 22-30.
- June 9, 2009Weightlifters Medal at NationalsUSOEC weightlifters medaled at the U.S. National Championships June 6-8 in Chicago.
- June 3, 2009Weightlifters to Compete at National ChampionshipsThree members of the USOEC weightlifting team will compete June 4-7 at the U.S. National Championships in Chicago, Ill.
- June 2, 2009Wrestlers Finish on Top at TrialsThree USOEC Greco-Roman Wrestlers were crowned champions at the U.S. World Team Trials May 30-31 in Council Bluffs, Iowa.
- June 2, 2009Gray Named to World TeamUSOEC women's freestyle wrestler Adeline Gray was crowned champion at 67 kilograms at the U.S. World Team Trials.
- May 26, 2009Nowry Qualifies for Junior World CompetitionUSOEC Greco-Roman wrestler Max Nowry earned a spot on the Junior World Team at the team trials held May 22-23 in Colorado Springs, Colo.
- May 21, 2009Speedskating World Cup Adds Extra DayThe 2009 short track speedskating World Cup hosted by the USOEC this fall will be extended by an extra day according to the International Skating Union.
- May 20, 2009Wrestlers at Junior World Team TrialsMembers of the United States Olympic Education Center's Greco-Roman wrestling team will compete at the FILA Junior World Team Trials May 22-23 in Colorado Springs, Colo.
- May 5, 2009Freestyle Wrestlers Dominate Body Bar and Cadet ChampionshipsThe USOEC Women's freestyle wrestlers swept the competition at the Body Bar FILA Junior and Cadet National Championships.
- April 23, 2009USOEC Wrestlers In Action This WeekendThe USOEC's Greco-Roman wrestling team will send out 17 of its athletes to compete in the ASICS University and FILA Cadet National Championships. The event will be held April 23-26 in Akron, Ohio.
- April 21, 2009Weightlifters Medal in LouisianaMembers of the USOEC weightlifting team competed in the 2009 National Collegiate Championships April 17-19 in Shreveport, La.
- April 15, 2009Weightlifters To Compete In National Collegiate ChampionshipsThree members of the USOEC weightlifting team will compete in the National Collegiate Championships April 17-19 in Shreveport, La.
- April 14, 2009USOEC Greco-Roman Wrestlers Finish in Top 10USOEC Greco-Roman wrestlers claimed three gold and 15 top-10 finishes from the ASICS U.S. Senior National Championships and the FILA Junior National Championships.
- April 14, 2009Maroulis, Gray Bring Home GoldMembers of the USOEC freestyle wrestling team competed at the ASICS U.S. National Championships.
- April 9, 2009NMU Prepares for 'Speedskating Gold Rush'The NMU campus is preparing for this fall's speedskating gold rush with the short track Olympic Trials and a World Cup being held at the Berry Events Center.
- April 1, 2009Wrestlers place at USAW Folkstyle National ChampionshipsTwo USOEC freestyle wrestlers competed March 28 at the US Girls Wrestling Folkstyle National tournament.
- March 27, 2009Speedskating Savings Card AvailableThe first-ever Gold Rush speedskating savings card is now available.
- March 26, 2009Gold Rush ChallengeThe USOEC will host student speedskating relay races from 4-6 p.m. Sunday, March 29.
- March 26, 2009Weightlifters Qualify For World TeamUSOEC weightlifters competed at the 2009 National Junior Championships and Pan American Qualifier March 20-22 in Foster City, Calif.
- March 23, 2009Wrestlers Take Home GoldUSOEC freestyle wrestlers returned home with three gold medals from the USGWA National tournament at Eastern Michigan University's Bowen Fieldhouse Sunday March 22, 2009.
- March 19, 2009Six USOEC Speedskaters Finish In Top 10Members of the USOEC speedskating team competed in the American Cup Final March 13-15 at the Midland Civic Arena in Midland, Mich.
- March 19, 2009Weightlifters Travel to CaliforniaThe USOEC weightlifting team will compete in the 2009 National Junior Championships and Pan Am Secondary Qualifier March 20-22.
- February 13, 2009Speedskating VIP Tickets Packages AvailableVIP ticket packages for the 2010 Speedskating Olympic Trials Sept. 8-12 and the 2009 Speedskating World Cup Nov. 13-15 are available.
- February 10, 2009Four Wrestlers Bring Home GoldFour USOEC wrestlers won gold medals at the 11th annual Dave Schultz Memorial Open Feb. 5-8.
- February 6, 2009Speedskating tickets made availableTickets for the upcoming Olympic Trials and Speedskating World Cup will be available to purchase on Monday, Feb. 9.
- February 4, 2009Wrestlers compete at SchultzUSOEC Greco-Roman and freestyle wrestlers will compete this weekend at the 11th annual Dave Schultz Memorial Open.
- January 29, 2009Skaters finish strong at American Cup 3The USOEC speedskating team finished the American Cup 3 Jan. 24-25 in Green Bay, Wis., with several skaters finishing in the top 10.
- December 15, 2008Women's freestyle team heads to AustriaThe USOEC's women's freestyle wrestling team is at a training camp in Gotzis, Austria through Dec. 23.
- December 10, 2008Speedskaters place at North American ChampionshipsThe USOEC short track speedskating team had strong performances at the North American Championships Dec. 5-7 in Madison, Wis.
- December 8, 2008USOEC freestyle team finishes second at dualsThe USOEC women's freestyle wrestling team finished second in the USOEC duals Dec. 6 at NMU's Vandament Arena.
- December 5, 2008USOEC Women's Freestyle to host Wrestling DualsThe USOEC's women's freestyle wrestling team will host wrestling duals on Saturday, Dec. 6 at noon in the Vandament Arena.
- November 18, 2008Speedskaters compete at Junior ChampionshipsSeven USOEC short track speedskaters competed at the U.S. Junior Championships Nov. 14-16, in Bay City, Mich.
- November 5, 2008Speedskaters place in top tenFour USOEC short track speedskaters finished in the top 10 at the second American Cup, Nov. 1-2 in Cleveland, Ohio.
- October 31, 2008Speedskaters to compete at American CupThe United States Olympic Education Center short track speedskaters will compete at the second American Cup in Cleveland, Ohio, Nov. 1-2.
- October 16, 2008Maroulis finishes eighth at World ChampionshipsUSOEC women's freestyle wrestler Helen Maroulis (Rockville, Md.)finished eighth in the Fila World Championships in Tokyo, Japan Oct. 10-13
- October 8, 2008USOEC goes 2-1 in Women's Freestyle DualsThe USOEC women's freestyle wrestlers went 2-1 at the Oklahoma City Duals Oct. 4-5 in Oklahoma City, Okla.
- October 3, 2008Weightlifters to compete in the Twin City OpenThe USOEC weightlifting team will compete in the Twin City Open Oct 4-5 in North Field, Minn.
- October 3, 2008Freestylers travel to OklahomaThe USOEC women's freestyle wrestlers will compete in the Oklahoma City University Duals Oct. 4-5 in Oklahoma City, Okla.
- October 2, 2008Speedskaters place at the first American CupUSOEC short track speedskaters kicked off their season at the first American Cup Sept. 27-28 in Minneapolis, Minn.
- September 26, 2008USOEC Speedskaters begin competitionThe USOEC speedskaters will begin their season at the first American Cup Sept. 27-28 in Minneapolis, Minn.
- September 25, 2008Olympic bronze medalist visits USOECOlympic bronze medalist Randi Miller will be a visiting athlete at the USOEC through Oct. 12.
- September 22, 2008Freestyle wrestler earns spot on World TeamUSOEC women's freestyle wresler Helen Maroulis earned a spot on the U.S. World Team Sept. 19-21 at the World Team Trials in Colorado Springs, Colo.
- September 8, 2008Weightlifter earns spot on University World TeamUSOEC weightlifter Sarah Robles secured a spot on the 2008 University World Team Sept. 5-7 at the Roger DeGarmo Memorial Tournament in Colorado Springs, Colo.
- August 29, 2008USOEC to host major Speedskating eventsThe USOEC and NMU announce that the Berry Events Center will be the site of two world short-track speedskating event in 2009.
- July 14, 2008Weightlifting team gains strong competitorsThe USOEC will have four new additions to the weightlifting team by the end of July.
- June 24, 2008Freestyle Wrestlers take FirstUSOEC women's freestyle wresters won three gold medals and a bronze at the Pan American Junior Women's Championships, June 20-22 in Cuenca, Ecuador.
- June 16, 2008Mango Makes U.S. Olympic TeamUSOEC Greco-Roman wrestler Spenser Mango earned a spot on the U.S. Olympic Teal at the Olympic Team Trials June 13-15 in Las Vegas
- May 29, 2008Wrestlers Earn Spots on World TeamSeven USOEC Greco-Roman wrestlers earned sports on the University World Team and the Junior World Team.
- May 21, 2008Weightlifters Compete at Olympic TrialsUSOEC weightlifters Ashley Suggs and Collin Ito competed at the 2008 Olympic Trials May 16-17 in Atlanta, Ga.
- May 20, 2008Freestyle Wrestlers Qualify for Junior World TeamUSOEC women's freestyle wrestlers Alyssa Lampe and Schuyler Brown qualified for the Junior World Team.
- May 13, 2008USOEC's Borgnini Qualifies for Olympic TrialsUSOEC's women's freestyle wrestler Amy Borgnini qualifies for the Olympic Trials at the Northern Plains Regional Championships.
- May 13, 2008Gruenwald Injured at Olympic QualifierUSOEC Greco-Roman wrestler Jim Gruenwald was injured at the Olympic Qualifying Tournament May 10 in Rome, Italy
- May 12, 2008A Dozen USOEC Wrestlers Earn All-America StatusTwelves USOEC Greco-Roman wrestlers earned All-America honors during the U.S. Nationals.
- May 12, 2008Mango Named Athlete of the WeekUSOEC Greco-Roman wrestler Spenser Mango was named TheMat.com's wrestler of the week for April 29-May 5.
- April 21, 2008Weightlifters bring home medalsThree USOEC weightlifters brought home medals from the National Collegiate Championships April 11-13.
- April 8, 2008USOEC Weightlifters to Compete at National Collegiate ChampionshipsThe USOEC weightlifting team will compete at the 2008 USA Weightlifting National Collegiate Championships April 11-13 in Reno, Nev.
- April 7, 2008USOEC Crowns two Freestyle Wrestling National ChampionsThe USOEC women's freestyle wrestling team returned home with two gold medals from the 11th Annual Girls Wrestling Association National Championships
- March 21, 2008Skaters wrap up 2007-08 seasonThe USOEC speedskating team competed in the North American Short Track Championships March 15-16 in Milwaukee, Wis.
- March 20, 2008Kaneda Headed to Olympic TrialsThe USOEC women's freestyle wrestling team captured one gold and four silver medals at the Women's College Wrestling Association Freestyle National Championships March 17.
- March 13, 2008Skaters to compete in North American ChampionshipsThe USOEC speedskating team will compete at the North American Short Track Championships March 14-16 in Milwaukee, Wis.
- March 11, 2008Skaters finish top-10USOEC speedskaters finished the American Cup circuit March 7-9 in Milwaukee, Wis., with seven skaters finishing in the top 10.
- March 10, 2008Weightlifters Medal at National ChampionshipsThe USOEC weightlifting team brought home five medals from the National Weightlifting Championships Feb. 29-March 2 in Columbus, Ohio
- February 19, 2008Lester Takes Silver at Dave Schultz MemorialThe USOEC Greco-Roman wrestling team competed at the Dave Schultz Memorial Tournament Feb. 8-10 in Colorado Springs, Colo.
- February 19, 2008Nigerian Olympic Hopeful Joins the USOEC18-year old Nigerian weighlifter Onyeka "Vera" Azike will train with the USOEC weighlifting team for approximately eight months.
- February 14, 2008Kyle brings home bronzeNMU freshman Chelsea Kyle placed third at 58 kg at the National Junior Championships Feb. 8-10 in Chattanooga, Tenn.
- February 9, 2008Kyle to lift at Junior NationalsUnited States Olympic Education Center weightlifting team member Chelsea Kyle (Sandusky, Ohio) will compete at the National Junior Championships in Chattanooga, Tenn, Feb. 8-10.
- February 9, 2008Freestyle Wrestlers Medal in ClagaryThe United States Olympic Education Center freestyle wrestling team competed at the Calgary Open last weekend Feb. 2-3 and brought home three medals.
- January 15, 2008Uyehara finished top-10Speedskater Kyle Uyehara (Lakewood, Calif.) finished eighth overall at the Junior World Championships Jan. 11-13, in Bolzano, Italy.
- December 7, 2007Freestyle Wrestlers Take Home DualResults from USOEC vs. OCU
- December 6, 2007Weightlifters Compete at American OpenUSOEC Weightlifters set nine personal records at the American Open Nov. 3 in Birmingham, Ala.
- December 4, 2007Freestyle Wrestlers Fourth at LakeheadThe USOEC women's freestyle wrestling team finish fourth in a Dec. 1 competition at Lakehead University in Thunder Bay, Ontario.
- November 27, 2007USOEC To Host Freestyle Wrestling Dual MeetThe USOEC women's freestyle wrestling team will compete against Oklahoma City University, Dec. 7, at 5 p.m. in the Vandament Arena.
- November 27, 2007Greco-Roman Wrestlers Bring Home GoldThree USOEC Greco-Roman wrestlers won gold medals at the NAYC Holiday International Championships Nov. 16-18, in West Orange, N.J.
- November 20, 2007Uyehara Makes Junior World TeamUSOEC speedskaters returned from the U.S. Junior Championships where Kyle Uyehara (Lakewood, Calif.) qualified for the Junior World Team competing in Bolzano, Italy, Jan. 11-13.
- November 15, 2007Wrestlers Take On Big AppleThe United States Olympic Education Center Greco-Roman wrestling team will compete at the New York Athletic Club Open Holiday International Wrestling Championships this weekend Nov. 16-18 in West Orange, N.J.
- November 15, 2007Weightlifters Compete at Mid-American ChampionshipsFour United States Olympic Education Center weightlifters traveled to Naperville, Ill. last weekend, Nov. 3-4, for the Mid-American Championships.
- November 12, 2007Freestyle Wrestlers Medal at McMastersThe United States Olympic Education Center freestyle wrestlers traveled to Hamilton, Ontario for the McMasters Invitational and came home with four medals.
- November 7, 2007Speedskaters qualify for U.S. ChampionshipsNine USOEC speedskaters have earned enough points to compete at the U.S. Championships in December.
- October 31, 2007USOEC Takes Sunkist by StormThe United States Olympic Education Center Greco-Roman Wrestlers earned nine top-three finishes at the Sunkist International Open Competition in Chandler, Ariz. The Women's freestyle wrestlers also competed at the event.
- October 18, 2007Speedskaters Return from CalgaryUnites States Olympic Education Center speedskaters retuned from Calgary, Alberta after competing in the second installment of the Conematic International Short Track Challenge, Oct. 12-14.
- October 11, 2007Speedskaters Take Ice in CalgaryUnited States Olympic Education Center speedskaters traveled to Calgary, Alberta for the annual Conematic International Short Track Challenge, Oct 6-7.
- October 9, 2007Lester Wins World Bronze MedalGreco-Roman wrestler Harry Lester, competed at the World Championships Sept. 17 in Baku, Azerbaijan and came home with a bronze medal.
- October 3, 2007Speedskaters Return from American Cup IThe USOEC speedskating team competed at Amercan Cup I Sept. 29-30, qualifying four skaters for the U.S. team competing in Calgary at the Conematic International Short Track Challenge.
- September 28, 2007Speedskaters Begin American Cup SeriesUnited States Olympic Education Center Speedskaters will begin their season at the 2007 Dow American Cup I Friday and Saturday, Sept 29-30, in Midland, Mich.
- August 29, 2007New Weightlifting Coach Takes Helm at USOECUSA Weightlifting has hired Andy Tysz as the head weightlifting coach at the USOEC.
- August 29, 2007Wrestlers Medal at Junior World ChampionshipsMembers of the United States Olympic Education CenterÃƒ¢Ã‚€Ã‚™s womenÃƒ¢Ã‚€Ã‚™s freestyle wrestling team competed last week (Aug. 22-24) at the Junior World Championships held in Beijing, China and brought home two medals.
- August 15, 2007Lifters Win MedalsPaul Roberts and Rachel Hearn lifted their way to the podium at the University World Championships Aug. 9-12 in Lima, Peru. They helped Team USA win silver in both the men and women's divisions.
- August 15, 2007Lester and Betterman in RomaniaHarry Lester and Joe Betterman returned to the United States Aug. 13 after competing in the Ion Cornianu Memorial Tournament Aug. 10-12 in Brasov, Romania.
- August 13, 2007Weightlifters Travel to PeruFour members of the United States Olympic Education Center weightlifting team will travel to Lima, Peru, to compete in the World University Weightlifting Championships to be held Aug. 9-12.
- July 26, 2007Lester Wins Pan AmsGreco wrestler Harry Lester raised Anyelo Mota of the Dominican Republic in a reverse lift, planting him onto his back for a first-period fall at 1:09 in the 66-kilogram final of the Pan American Games.
- July 18, 2007Weightlifters Compete in ItalyWeightlifters Alex Argueta, Collin Ito and Steve Jarvis competed at the Sicily International Tournament held July 4-7 in Sicily, Italy.
- July 17, 2007Curby Wins BronzeWrestler Jacob Curby took third in the 66-kilogram weight class at the Kartosia Greco-Roman Tournament July 14 in Tblisi, Georgia.
- June 26, 2007Carr: Skater Turned Biker?Speedskater Kyle Carr exchanged his skates for a bike last weekend. He placed fourth overall at Superior Bike Fest June 22-24 in Marquette.
- June 26, 2007Lampe Sweeps Canada CupFreestyle wrestler Alyssa Lampe (Tomahawk, Wis.) won gold in the 48-kilogram class at the Canada Cup June 24 in Guelph, Ontario.
- June 11, 2007Borgnini and Iokia Win BronzeFreestyle wrestlers Amy Borgnini and Shyla Iokia placed third at the U.S. World Team Trials, which were held June 9-10 in Las Vegas.
- June 11, 2007Lester Dominates TrialsGreco-Roman wrestler Harry Lester took first at the U.S. World Team Trials for the third consecutive year at 66 kilograms.
- May 14, 2007Roberts Takes BronzeUSOEC weightlifter Paul Roberts placed third overall in the 85-kilogram weight class at the National Championships May 11-13 in Schaumburg, Ill.
- May 10, 2007Weightlifters at NationalsUSOEC weightlifters will compete at the National Championships May 11-13 in Schaumburg, Ill.
- May 2, 2007Lester and Greco Team HonoredHarry Lester is the recipient of the Sawyer International Airport elite performance of the month award for April for his finish at the University National Championships in Akron, Ohio.
- April 24, 2007Lester Wins at HomeHarry Lester took first in both the 70-kilogram class of the Greco-Roman division and the 74-kg class of the freestyle division at the University National Championships April 20-22 in Akron, Ohio.
- April 24, 2007USOEC Wins Big in ColoradoFive USOEC women freestyle wrestlers won junior national championship titles at the 2007 Body Bar WomenÃƒ¢Ã‚€Ã‚™s Nationals April 20-22 in Colorado Springs, Colo.
- April 20, 2007Wrestlers at University NationalsUSOEC wrestlers will hit the mat at the University National Championships April 20-22 in Colorado Springs, Colo., to vie for the chance to compete at the World Team Trials.
- April 20, 2007Freestyle Wrestlers CompeteThe USOEC is sending eight women freestyle wrestlers to compete in the FILA Junior National Championships April 20-22 in Colorado Springs, Colo.
- April 18, 2007Weightlifters Place FirstThe USOEC weightlifting team placed first in the co-ed division at the 2007 National Collegiate Tournament April 14-15 in Reno, Nev. It finished 17 points ahead of second-place Truman State University.
- April 16, 2007Betterman Wins Silver in VegasNineteen athletes from the USOEC's Greco-Roman and womenÃƒ¢Ã‚€Ã‚™s freestyle wrestling teams placed eighth or better at the ASICS United States National Wrestling Championships April 4-7 in Las Vegas.
- April 16, 2007Dibala Captures GoldFive USOEC Greco-Roman wrestlers placed fourth or better at the ASICS United States Junior National Wrestling Championships April 4-7 in Las Vegas.
- March 26, 2007Freestyle Wrestlers MedalUSOEC women freestyle wrestlers brought home six medals from the Missouri Valley Showcase March 23-24 at Missouri Valley College in Marshall, Mo.
- March 23, 2007Turning in Skates for Dance ShoesUSOEC short track head coach Jimmy Jang and speedskater Apolo Anton Ohno have a tight bond. Jang is continuing to support him as he moves off the ice and onto the dance floor on ABC's Dancing with the Stars.
- March 22, 2007Petrosyan Visits USOECAnatoly Petrosyan, who serves as the United States Olympic Training CenterÃƒ¢Ã‚€Ã‚™s Greco-Roman wrestling head coach, is wrapping up his five-day visit to the United States Olympic Education Center.
- March 19, 2007Skaters at World Team ChampionshipsUSOEC skaters Kimberly Derrick, Anthony Lobello and Katherine Reutter represented the United States March 17-18 in Budapest, Hungary, at the World Short Track Team Championships.
- March 19, 2007Skaters Bring Home MedalsSix USOEC speedskaters placed in the top three of their division at the North American Championships March 16-18 in Midland.
- March 14, 2007Lobello HonoredSpeedskater Anthony Lobello has been honored as the Sawyer International Airport elite performance of the month for winning bronze for the second consecutive year at the World Championships.
- March 13, 2007Weightlifters Win MedalsUSOEC weightlifters won eight medals at the Junior National Championships March 9-11 in Merrillville, Ind.
- March 12, 2007Freestyle Wrestlers Shine in ExhibitionFive USOEC women freestyle wrestlers competed at the University of the Cumberlands Duals Feb. 23-24 in Williamsburg, Ky.
- March 12, 2007Weightlifters Compete at Junior NationalsWeightlifters Collin Ito, Alex Argueta and Steve Jarvis are set to compete March 9-11 at the Junior National Championships in Merrillville, Ind.
- March 12, 2007Lobello Brings Home BronzeUSOEC skater Anthony Lobello captured bronze for the second consecutive year at the 2007 World Championships March 9-11 in Milan, Italy.
- February 26, 2007Three Skate to World TeamSkaters Kimberly Derrick, Anthony Lobello and Katherine Reutter earned positions on the USA World Team at the U.S. National Short Track Championships Feb. 22-25 in Cleveland Heights, Ohio.
- February 22, 2007Wrestlers Prepare for NationalsFive USOEC freestyle wrestlers will compete Feb. 23-24 in a dual at the University of the Cumberlands in Williamsburg, Ky.
- February 21, 2007Skaters Vie for World TeamMembers of the USOEC short track speedskating team will compete for positions on the 2007 World Team at the U.S. National Short Track Championships Feb. 22-25 in Cleveland Heights, Ohio.
- February 12, 2007Mango Earns SilverGreco-Roman wrestler Spenser Mango (St. Louis, Mo.) finished second at the Dave Schultz Memorial International Tournament Feb. 10 in Colorado Springs, Colo., losing to Durlacher 3-2, 4-0 in the final round.
- February 12, 2007Skaters Complete World Cup CircuitUSOEC skaters Kimberly Derrick, Sonia Milan and Cherise Wilkins competed in World Cup VI Feb. 9-11 in Budapest, Hungary.
- February 7, 2007Lester Beats World ChampionGreco-Roman wrestler Harry Lester (Akron, Ohio) defeated 2006 World Champion Li Yanyan of China 4-1, 6-0 at the Chicago Cup Feb. 6 in Chicago, Ill.
- February 7, 2007Wrestlers Compete at SchultzUSOEC wrestlers will face opponents from more than 30 countries Feb. 9-10 at the ninth annual Dave Schultz Memorial International Tournament in Colorado Springs, Colo.
- February 6, 2007Skaters Head to HungaryThree USOEC speedskaters are leaving World Cup V in the Netherlands and making their way to Budapest, Hungary, to compete in World Cup VI Feb. 7-9. It's the final phase of the World Cup circuit.
- February 5, 2007Skaters Win BronzeKimberly Derrick, Sonia Milan and Cherise Wilkins teamed up to finish third in the 3000-meter relay at World Cup V Feb. 3-4 in Heereveen, Netherlands.
- February 5, 2007Wrestlers Win MedalsUSOEC wrestlers Nicole Darrow and Erin Clodgo earned silver and Paige Rife grabbed bronze at the Nordhagen Classic Feb. 2-3 in Alberta, Canada.
- February 2, 2007Wrestlers Hit the Mat in CanadaThe USOEC sent three freestyle wrestlers to compete in the Nordhagen Classic this weekend (Feb. 2-3) in Alberta, Canada.
- February 2, 2007Skaters Return to World Cup CircuitThree USOEC athletes are in Heereveen, Netherlands, competing in World Cup V this weekend (Feb. 2-4).
- January 29, 2007Athletes Get World ExperienceÃƒ¢Ã‚€Ã‚œOur goal was and still is that of knocking down all barriers in the name of loyalty, friendship and brotherhood...,Ãƒ¢Ã‚€Ã‚ said organizing committee president Giovanna Capellano Nebiolo.
- January 22, 2007Skaters Medal at American CupSadie Grace and Barry Winslow won respective silver and bronze medals at American Cup III Jan. 20-21 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
- January 22, 2007Clodgo, A Rising StarÃƒ¢Ã‚€Ã‚œ(Erin) Clodgo is literally ready for the world,Ãƒ¢Ã‚€Ã‚ said head coach Shannyn Gillespie. Ãƒ¢Ã‚€Ã‚œAt the pace she is on now, she will become a serious contender next year at the Olympic Trials.Ãƒ¢Ã‚€Ã‚
- January 19, 2007Wrestlers Ready for GuelphÃƒ¢Ã‚€Ã‚œWe are still in competition mode from competing last weekend at the NWCA [National Duals],Ãƒ¢Ã‚€Ã‚ said assistant coach Tony DeAnda. Ãƒ¢Ã‚€Ã‚œThis is a quality competition and we expect to do well.Ãƒ¢Ã‚€Ã‚
- January 19, 2007Skaters Finish American Cup CircuitAccording to assistant coach Tricia Stennes, it should be a fun, relaxed atmosphere as American Cups have been a learning experience for some of the younger, less-experienced skaters.
- January 18, 2007Skaters Race in TorinoSix USOEC speedskaters are in Torino, Italy, to compete in the 2007 World University Winter Games Jan. 17-21. Next to the Olympics, itÃƒ¢Ã‚€Ã‚™s the largest international, multi-winter sports event in the world.
- January 16, 2007Skaters Take Home HardwareUSOEC speedskaters Jeff Simon (Long Beach, Calif.) and Simon Cho (Laurel, Md.) won silver at the World Junior Short Track Championships held Jan. 12-14 in MladÃƒƒÃ‚¡ Boleslav, Czech Republic.
- January 15, 2007Wrestlers Back from ActionUSOEC women wrestlers faced opponents from Missouri Valley College, Menlo College and the University of the Cumberlands at the NWCA Iowa National Duals Jan. 13-14 in Cedar Falls, Iowa.
- January 12, 2007Wrestlers Off to National DualsUSOEC female freestyle wrestlers are heading to Cedar Falls, Iowa, for the NWCA Iowa National Duals this weekend (Jan. 13-14).
- January 12, 2007Skaters Get World ExperienceFour USOEC speedskaters are competing at the World Junior Short Track Championships this weekend (Jan. 12-14) in MladÃƒƒÃ‚¡ Boleslav, Czech Republic.
- January 8, 2007Short Wrestles Her Way Through LifeLiz Short proves herself in the classroom and on the mat. She overcomes challenges daily as she follows her dream of winning Olympic gold and earning a college degree.
- January 3, 2007One Sport, One Training Center, Two SistersSpeedskating sisters Mary and Sadie Grace are first-year resident athletes at the USOEC. Even though they compete against each other, their bond remains strong.
- December 18, 2006Skaters Make Junior World TeamUSOEC skaters took top honors at the U.S. Short Track Junior Championships Dec. 16-17 in Wausau, Wis.
- December 14, 2006Rookies to CompeteNine members of the USOEC speedskating team will fight for a position on the Junior World Team Dec. 16-17 in Wausau, Wis.
- December 12, 2006USOEC Wrestling Rankings PostedGreco-Roman wrestler Harry Lester maintains his No. 1 national ranking.
- December 11, 2006Skaters Wrap Up World Cup IVKimberly Derrick (Caledonia, Mich.) shines on the U.S. Team at World Cup IV last weekend in Montreal, Canada.
- December 6, 2006Speedskaters Set for Next RoundThree speedskaters are looking to build upon their recent performances and finish strong at World Cup IV this weekend in Montreal, Canada.
- December 5, 2006Women Wrestlers SuccessfulTwo USOEC wrestlers went undefeated at a dual meet with Lakehead University Dec. 2 in Thunder Bay, Ontario. Their performance earned them an invitation to participate in an all-star competition.
- November 30, 2006Curby Returns from FranceGreco-Roman wrestler Jacob Curby (LaGrange, Ill.) is back from the Henri Deglane Challenge with renewed motivation for the sport.
- November 30, 2006Weightlifters Start SeasonThe weightlifting team is set to take on the top athletes from across the country at the American Open this weekend in Birmingham, Ala.
- November 28, 2006Freestyle Wrestlers Off to CanadaUSOEC women wrestlers will take on Lakehead University in a dual meet Dec. 1 in Tunder Bay, Ontario.
- November 28, 2006Skaters Head to World Cup IIIThree USOEC skaters are set to compete Dec. 1-4 in Saguenay, Canada, where they'll take on elite competitors from around the world.
- November 20, 2006Wrestlers Win Gold in Big AppleThe USOEC's men and women wrestlers won eight medals at the Holiday International Wrestling Championships Nov. 17-19 in New York City.
- November 16, 2006Lobello to Attend Elite ConferenceSkater Anthony Lobello (Tallahassee, Fla.) is among the 150 students selected to attend the Business Today International Conference Nov. 18-21 in New York City.
- November 16, 2006Wrestlers Head to New YorkThe Greco-Roman and womenÃƒ¢Ã‚€Ã‚™s freestyle wrestling teams will compete at the New York Athletic ClubÃƒ¢Ã‚€Ã‚™s Open Holiday International Wrestling Championships Nov. 17-19 in New York City.
- November 13, 2006Skaters to Compete InternationallySkaters earned positions on the World Cup Team and the World University Games Team at American Cup II Nov. 11-12 in Midland, Mich.
- November 9, 2006Skaters to Compete at American Cup IISkaters will vie for positions on the World University Games Team and the World Cup Team at American Cup II Nov. 11-12 in Midland, Mich.
- November 7, 2006Conder Wins Bronze at Clansmen InternationalFemale freestyle wrestlers returned from Burnaby, British Columbia, Nov.5, after competing in the Clansmen International Nov. 4.
- November 1, 2006Wrestling Newcomers to CompeteFirst-year female freestyle wrestlers will hit the mats Nov. 4 at the Clansmen International Wrestling Tournament at Simon Fraser University in Burnaby, British Columbia.
- October 30, 2006Skaters Return from World Cup IIShort track speedskaters began the second round of the World Cup competition series Oct. 27-29 in Seoul, Korea.
- October 27, 2006Yorkville Man Participates in Heavy LiftingWeÃƒ¢Ã‚€Ã‚™ve all experienced days that felt like the weight of the world was on our shoulders. For 23-year-old Yorkville, Ill., native Kyle Cook, the world weighs 374 pounds and he lifts it every day.
- October 26, 2006Skaters to Compete in World Cup IISix members of the United States Olympic Education Center speedskating team are set to compete in World Cup II Oct. 27-29 in Seoul, Korea.
- October 23, 2006Speedskating World Cup I ResultsU.S. Olympic Education Center short track speedskaters started the World Cup competition series Oct. 20-22, facing off against elite athletes from around the world in Changchun, China.
- October 18, 2006Freestyle Wrestlers have Home AdvantageWhen the United States Olympic Education CenterÃƒ¢Ã‚€Ã‚™s women freestyle wrestlers compete Thursday, they will have more than talent on their side. For the first time, the wrestlers will have a home advantage.
- October 16, 2006Wrestlers Successful at SunkistWhile residents of the Upper Peninsula were stepping in snow, United States Olympic Education Center resident athletes were getting their feet wet at the Sunkist Kids International Open Oct. 12-14 in Tempe, Ariz.
- October 12, 2006USOEC Athletes Compete at SunkistSix female freestyle wrestlers are competing against top athletes from around the world in the Sunkist Kids International Open Oct. 12-14 in Tempe, Ariz.
- October 11, 2006USOEC to Host Women's Wrestling MatchesThe United States Olympic Education CenterÃƒ¢Ã‚€Ã‚™s women freestyle wrestlers will hit the mats at the USOEC Duals at 7 p.m. next Thursday (Oct. 19) in Northern Michigan UniversityÃƒ¢Ã‚€Ã‚™s Vandament Arena in the PEIF Building.
- September 30, 2006Julee Basal's Blog from American Cup IMedia relations coordinator Julee Basal gives her personal spin on the short track speedskating American Cup I in Milwaukee, Wis. Read her blog to find out what goes on behind the scenes.
- September 30, 2006Skaters Make World Cup TeamFour female and three male short track speedskaters placed in the top six of their respective gender classification to qualify for the World Cup Team Sept. 30 at American Cup I in Milwaukee, Wis.
- September 26, 2006Wrestler Harry Lester's Blog from the World Championships in ChinaGreco-Roman wrestler Harry Lester gives USOEC web visitors a glimpse into his life as an elite athlete through his blog. Readers can follow him as he competes at the World Championships in China.
- September 26, 2006Skaters Compete for Spot on World Cup TeamThe short track speedskating team will kick off the 2006-07 season competing at American Cup I Friday and Saturday (Sept. 29-30) in Milwaukee, Wis. The top six men and top six women will qualify for the World Cup Team.
- September 25, 2006Lester is World Championships Bronze MedalistGreco-Roman wrestler Harry Lester of Akron, Ohio, placed third Sept. 25 at the World Championships in Guangzhou, China. Lester defeated Seref Eroglu of Turkey in the bronze-medal match, 4-3, 4-3.
- September 18, 2006Lester's Road to China: A Time for Second ChancesWrestler Harry Lester (Akron, Ohio) has had a rapid rise to success, but a disappointing performance at last year's World Championships led him to re-evaluate his mindset. He's trained hard all year and looks forward to his second chance at gold.
- September 12, 2006Home is Where the Heart is, but Marquette Leads to GoldFor 10 young athletes training at the USOEC, the first bell of the school year at Marquette Sr. High signaled more than their return to classes and homework. It sounded the alarm on another season of early-morning workouts, afternoon practices and compet
- September 7, 2006Lester Wins Silver at Turneul InternationalGreco-Roman wrestler Harry Lester (Akron, Ohio) captured silver at the Turneul International last Aug. 19-20 in Brasov, Romania.
- September 2, 2006USOECÃƒ¢Ã‚€Ã‚™S Hedin Wins BronzeUnited States Olympic Education Center freestyle wrestler Dany Hedin of Kailua, Hawaii, captured bronze in the 55-kilogram weight class at the Junior World Championships yesterday (Sept. 1) in Guatemala City, Guatemala. It was the HedinÃƒ¢Ã‚€Ã‚™s seco
- September 1, 2006USOEC's Kelly on World TeamFreestyle wrestler Mary Kelly (Mahomet, Ill.) earned a position on the U.S. World Team Aug. 30 at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colo. She will represent the United States at the World Wrestling Championships Sept. 25-Oct. 1
- September 1, 2006USOECÃƒ¢Ã‚€Ã‚™S Mango Wins BronzeUnited States Olympic Education Center Greco-Roman wrestler Spenser Mango (Flourissant, Mo.) won bronze in the 55-kilogram weight class at the Junior World Championships Aug. 30 in Guatemala City, Guatemala.
- August 25, 2006What Does it Take to Get to the Olympics?
A Day in the Life of a USOEC SpeedskaterIt is 5:30 a.m. and the ringing of alarm clocks can be heard throughout the third floor of Meyland Hall on the campus of Northern Michigan University. Sixteen students stumble out of bed, resisting the strong urge to hit the snooze button. They quickly ge
- August 22, 2006Lester Wins Silver At Turneul InternationalUnited States Olympic Education Center Greco-Roman wrestler Harry Lester captured silver at the Turneul International last weekend in Brasov, Romania.
- August 21, 2006USOEC Skaters Race In MarathonUnited States Olympic Education Center short track speedskaters turned in their blades for wheels, finishing in the top six at the St. Paul Inline Marathon Sunday (Aug. 20) in St. Paul, Minn. The 26.2-mile race drew approximately 2,500 of the worldÃƒ¢Ã‚
- July 5, 2006Mango Named Athlete Of The MonthUnited States Olympic Education Center Greco-Roman wrestler Spenser Mango (St. Louis, Mo.) has been named as TheMat.comÃƒ¢Ã‚€Ã‚™s Wrestler of the Month for June 2006.
- July 3, 2006Roberts At University World ChampionshipsUnited States Olympic Education Center weightlifter Paul Roberts (Bartow, Fla.) finished sixth overall in the 85-kilograms weight class at the University World Championships June 30-July 2 in Izmir, Turkey.
- June 20, 2006Short Wins BronzeUnited States Olympic Education Center freestyle wrestler Liz Short placed third at the World University Championships last weekend in Ulan Bator, Mongolia.