We are excited about the new construction projects happening both on campus and Marquette, but navigating campus might be a bit tricky during your visit. For all Summer Sessions check-in is located in the Gant/Spalding Lobby. On this page you can view a map on how to navigate to the campus during construction or you can download and print your own copy by clicking here. Please note that we have been told that the construction will be happening over the summer, but not when. When you visit you may see no construction or you may see all of it, either way want you to be ready for your visit!
- Check in is located in the Gant/Spalding Lobby. The best parking for check-in is in Parking Lot 46.
- For more directions on how to arrive to campus please visit: https://www.nmu.edu/admissions/directions or type in "NMU Spalding Hall" into Google Maps
- Click here to view/download a campus map. This map will be included in your check-in materials.
- Each orientation has a different check-in time. For session specific check-in details and schedules please visit Session Schedules.
- All of the sessions have different check-in activities, such as optional placement tests, ID pictures, laptop pick-up and more. We recommend you review the schedule and arrive early.
- Coming for a Three Day Session? Tours of "The Woods", the new residence halls will be offered on Monday from Noon until 2:00 p.m. If you are interested in participating in a tour, meet in the Gant/Spalding Lobby to complete a safety waiver and take a short walk to the tour site. Tours will feature both a shared and private suite, as well as a TV Room. Participants must wear closed-toe shoes, and will be provided with safety gear to wear during the tour. Due to limited staffing, tour groups will be limited to eight people. To learn more about The Woods, visit http://www.nmu.edu/housing/new-residence-hall-communities.
- For more information regarding orientation, please visit Frequently Asked Questions or Summer Orientation Session information.