Posting Materials Policy
|Oversight unit:||STUDENT ENRICHMENT, CENTER FOR|
|This policy has a related procedure. View the procedure.|
CENTER FOR STUDENT ENRICHMENT
COMMUNICATION & MARKETING
1. Notices and Posters: All notices, posters, signs, and banners must be registered for posting at the Center for Student Enrichment (University Center) or the Communications and Marketing office(Cohodas Hall) before they are displayed (except as provided in 2I and 7A-D below). Materials which are not registered according to this procedure may not be posted.
A. In general, commercial advertising materials will not be registered, nor will materials promoting activities for personal or private gain.
E. Guidelines for posting materials in common areas of residence hall, apartment living areas, and faculty and staff offices are determined by the supervisors of those areas. Materials for these areas, however, must still be registered for posting in the Center for Student Enrichment or Identity Brand and Marketing.
2. Specific Guidelines for Posters Include:
A. Notices, posters, or signs must be registered and stamped with the “Registered for Posting” stamp (obtained at the Center for Student Enrichment, University Center or Identity Brand and Marketing, Cohodas Hall) before they are displayed. Pre-approval (for large quantity orders) may be obtained by bringing the “design copy” to the Center for Student Enrichment or Identity Brand and Marketing before printing.
3. Specific Guidelines for Banners Include:
A. Banners may be hung outdoors for a maximum of one week with approval from the Center for Student Enrichment or Facilities.
4. Specific Guidelines for Table Ads Include:
A. Table tents will only be displayed in tri-panel tent holders. Loose table tents will not be permitted on dining room tables.
5. Non-Compliance with Posting Policy Guidelines: Individuals or organizations failing to comply with posting policy guidelines may jeopardize future posting privileges. Individuals or organizations failing to comply may also be liable for damage and/or clean-up costs if any are incurred. Posted materials which are not in compliance with the regulations will be removed by the Center for Student Enrichment staff.
A. Faculty and Staff are allowed to post unregistered personal materials on or near their own desks or office doors. The materials must adhere to University Policies governing workplace violence and workplace harassment; no threat of violence, sexual harassment, or intimidation will be tolerated.
The purpose of this policy is to provide adequate means for publicizing events and activities sponsored by University departments and student organizations.
Promotional opportunities may be provided on a limited basis for cultural, recreational, social, and educational events and activities occurring in the local area that are deemed to be of interest to the University community. In the administration of this service, the University requires that the following supporting procedure shall apply to all notices, posters, signs, banners and table ads posted or set up on University property.