The Greek Council at Northern Michigan University is comprised of representatives from each of the four fraternities and four sororities on campus. The purpose of the Greek Council is to:
- Promote Greek Life in general and to develop close cooperation and a spirit of good will among the fraternities and sororities on campus.
- Develop and promote programs and activities for the Greek community.
- Resolve any conflicts that may arise between Greek organizations.
Some of the traditional events sponsored by NMU’s Greek Council include:
- The Drive-In Movie during Welcome Week.
- The alcohol-free “Late Night at the PEIF” during Welcome Week.
- Greek Week
Current Greek Council officers are:
President: Steve Roberts (email@example.com)
Vice President: Molly Grala
Secretary: Matt Prokash
Treasurer: Joel Finkelman
Special Events: Ashley Grove
Greek Unification/PR – Kacy Gould
Greek Council meetings for 2010-2011 are scheduled for Wednesdays at 9:30 p.m. in the University Center.