NMU’s Online Programs and Courses
Northern Michigan University has a growing list of online and hybrid (part online, part on-campus) programs and courses.
Among the current online degree programs are:
- Criminal Justice - Master’s Degree
- Education, Learning Disabilities - Master's
- Education, Reading Specialist for K-12 - Master's
- Education, Reading for K-8 - Master's
- Education, Instruction - Master's
- Education Administration - Master's (Traditional K-12 Emphasis or American Indian Education Emphasis available)
- Loss Prevention Management - Bachelor’s Degree
- Public Administration - Certificate and Master's (hybrid)
New online or hybrid programs that are anticipated to begin fall 2014 (pending NMU Board of Trustee approval) are:
- Higher Education in Student Affairs - Master's Degree
- Clinical Molecular Genetics - Master's Degree
- Post-Secondary Biology Education - Master's Degree
- Information Assurance/Cyber Defense - Bachelor's Degree
- Paralegal - Bachelor's Degree
Each semester, NMU offers dozens of courses online from these and other departments.
Northern’s campus portal, MyNMU.edu, allows you to search the most up-to-date listing of online courses in specific subject areas. You don't have to log in, just:
- Go to Course Offerings,
- From the Search by Term drop-down box, pick the semester you're interested in.
- Click Submit.
- Select the Subject(s) you're interested in.
- Scroll down to the Session list and select Web.
- Click Class Search.
All the Web courses for the selected subject(s), as well as whether they are open or closed, will be displayed.