An adviser from the Nursing Department will assist the student in developing an academic program plan to complete the required courses.
To be eligible to apply for admission to the LPN to BSN track, applicants must meet the following admission requirements:
- Be admitted to Northern Michigan University
- Have completed or have reasonable expectations of completing prior to admission, the prerequisite courses with a minimum of a C- for each course:
- BI201 Human Anatomy (BI104 may be substituted in certain circumstances. Check with your academic advisor.)
- BI202 Human Physiology
- BI203a Med Microbiology
- CH109 Introductory Organic and Biochemistry for the Health Sciences
- HN301 A&B Nutrition for Health Professions (HN210 may be substituted in certain circumstances. Check with your academic advisor)
- PY100 General Psychology
- SO101 Introductory Sociology
- Achieve a cumulative NMU grade point average of 2.75 or higher.
- Students must submit a copy of their current LPN license without restrictions/sanctions prior to acceptance in the BSN program.
- Complete the entire admission packet with:
- LPN To BSN Application form
- Current transcript of grades and/or TCE
- Students wising to apply for advanced placement credit (NU211, NU212) must submit proof of passing the NCLEX-PN within the last 5 years or have worked as an LPN within the last 5 years.
- LPN-BSN Information packet